|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Joan give the Paladin?
(a) Bugle player.
(b) Standard Bearer.
(d) Personal Guard.
2. Where does Joan want to see the Dauphine crowned?
3. How long do Joan's troops rest after the victory at Jargeau?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
4. Who writes a poem for the girl the Paladin is in love with?
(b) La Hire.
(d) The Paladin.
5. Who stops Joan after the initial siege she and her army make after the coronation?
(a) The general.
(b) The chancellor.
(c) The pope.
(d) The king.
6. What starts the fighting at Orleans?
(a) The English were upset about Joan's letter.
(b) A garrison was attacked.
(c) The treaty was reinforced.
(d) The French were outraged by the threats on Joan's life.
7. Who defends Joan in her military strategies?
(b) General Metz.
(c) La Hire.
(d) The Dwarf.
8. Who dies trying to defend Joan?
(a) The Dwarf.
(d) La Hire.
9. What is the only town that gives Joan and the Dauphine any resistance as they head to Rheims?
10. What is Joan's first battle injury?
(a) Fractured skull.
(b) Broken arm.
(c) Shoulder wound.
(d) Cut leg.
11. What is Dunois' nickname?
(a) The Bastard of Orleans.
(b) The Gentle Warrior.
(c) The Defender of France.
(d) The French Crusader.
12. What is the only thing Joan asks of Charles after he is crowned?
(a) Larger payments for her army.
(b) A promise that he will stay pious and religious.
(c) Land for her father.
(d) No taxes for her hometown.
13. Where does Joan want to attack next after the coronation?
14. Who once owned the sword that Joan uses in battle?
(c) The leader of the Templar Knights.
(d) King Charles I.
15. How many charges are brought against Joan in the private trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the deserter leave his army post?
2. What main attribute does La Hire's army lack?
3. How is Louis able to attend Joan's first English trial?
4. What is the name of the deserter Joan rescues from execution?
5. Who does Louis hope will save Joan?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)