|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Joan try to escape after she is captured?
2. How is Joan killed?
(a) She is shot.
(b) She is poisoned.
(c) She is burned at the stake.
(d) She is hung.
3. Which of the following is NOT brought to the haunted room in Catherine's house?
(c) The Dwarf.
(d) The Paladin.
4. How do the other Generals plan to treat the orders of Joan?
(a) They will pay her and her orders no heed.
(b) They will convince her to do things her way.
(c) They will follow them when they want to.
(d) They are under contract to do what she says.
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the charges brought against Joan in the private trial?
(a) Wedding unofficially.
(b) Not submitting to the church.
(c) Threatening her troops with death.
(d) Wearing male clothing.
6. What time does Joan's assault on Jargeau begin?
(a) 2:00 pm.
(b) 8:00 am.
(c) 12:00 noon.
(d) 10:00 am.
7. Who knocks down the wall in the haunted room in Catherine's house?
(b) The Dwarf.
(c) The Paladin.
8. What nickname is Joan given in Chapter 18?
(a) Warrior Woman.
(b) Maid of Orleans.
(c) Joan of Mercy.
(d) Joan of Arc.
9. What weapon causes Joan's first battle injury?
10. Where is Joan's first English trial held?
11. Where do Joan's soldiers secure a bridge after the victory at Jargeau?
12. What causes Louis to almost fall off his saddle?
(a) A donkey bray.
(b) He fell asleep.
(c) A bee sting.
(d) The sound of a cannon.
13. What is Joan's first battle injury?
(a) Cut leg.
(b) Shoulder wound.
(c) Fractured skull.
(d) Broken arm.
14. What causes the English to surrender as Charles VII heads to Rheims?
(a) A truce.
(b) The sight of Joan.
(c) A bugler.
(d) A promise of payment by the king.
15. What starts the fighting at Orleans?
(a) The French were outraged by the threats on Joan's life.
(b) The English were upset about Joan's letter.
(c) The treaty was reinforced.
(d) A garrison was attacked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joan meet with La Hire and his army?
2. What do the English do to give away their position at Patay?
3. What is the only thing Joan asks of Charles after he is crowned?
4. Who does Joan share a room with?
5. What happens to the army after they are stopped during the first siege after the coronation?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)