|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Council of Charles VII tell Joan to do in Chapter 22?
(a) Stop fighting.
(b) Rotate some of her troops.
(c) Return home.
(d) Press forward with more aggression.
2. What is Joan's first battle injury?
(a) Cut leg.
(b) Fractured skull.
(c) Broken arm.
(d) Shoulder wound.
3. How many times does Joan try to escape after she is captured?
4. Who defends Joan in her military strategies?
(a) La Hire.
(b) The Dwarf.
(d) General Metz.
5. Who once owned the sword that Joan uses in battle?
(b) The leader of the Templar Knights.
(d) King Charles I.
6. How do the other Generals plan to treat the orders of Joan?
(a) They will pay her and her orders no heed.
(b) They are under contract to do what she says.
(c) They will convince her to do things her way.
(d) They will follow them when they want to.
7. What starts the fighting at Orleans?
(a) The English were upset about Joan's letter.
(b) The treaty was reinforced.
(c) The French were outraged by the threats on Joan's life.
(d) A garrison was attacked.
8. Why does Joan sign her admission statement?
(a) She knew she was in the wrong.
(b) She was forced at knife point.
(c) She was tricked.
(d) Her family was threatened.
9. How long do Joan's troops rest after the victory at Jargeau?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 3 days.
10. How many soldiers are with Joan when she is captured?
11. What gift does Charles VII give Joan for lifting the siege?
(b) A new wardrobe.
(c) Gold coffers.
(d) Nobility status.
12. How many charges are brought against Joan in the private trial?
13. What is Joan accused of by the English?
(a) Spying on English forces.
(b) Being a witch.
(c) Being a traitor.
(d) Killing the real king.
14. Who dies trying to defend Joan?
(b) La Hire.
(c) The Dwarf.
15. Who knocks down the wall in the haunted room in Catherine's house?
(a) The Dwarf.
(c) The Paladin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Catherine's last name?
2. What do the English threaten to do when they read her letter?
3. What is the only town that gives Joan and the Dauphine any resistance as they head to Rheims?
4. What is the name of the deserter Joan rescues from execution?
5. What causes the English to surrender as Charles VII heads to Rheims?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)