|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Joan's army while they wait for Charles VII to make his decision about heading to his coronation?
(a) They falll sick.
(b) They dwindle away.
(c) They get restless.
(d) They are called to other armies.
2. What is Joan's plan of attack during the journey to Rheims?
(a) A siege approach.
(b) Stealthy aversion.
(c) Feigned alligiance.
(d) Attack aggressively.
3. Where does Joan want to see the Dauphine crowned?
4. What is Joan's first battle injury?
(a) Broken arm.
(b) Cut leg.
(c) Shoulder wound.
(d) Fractured skull.
5. What happens to the army after they are stopped during the first siege after the coronation?
(a) They all desert the cause.
(b) They are scattered.
(c) They are disbanded.
(d) They are taken prisoner.
6. What position does Joan give the Paladin?
(a) Standard Bearer.
(b) Bugle player.
(c) Personal Guard.
7. How long does Joan know she will live after the victory at Jargeau?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 2 months.
8. What is the only thing Joan asks of Charles after he is crowned?
(a) A promise that he will stay pious and religious.
(b) Larger payments for her army.
(c) No taxes for her hometown.
(d) Land for her father.
9. Who offers to pay a ransom for Joan's release from the prison?
(a) The King.
(b) Her father.
(d) The Paladin.
10. Which of the following is NOT one of the charges brought against Joan in the private trial?
(a) Threatening her troops with death.
(b) Not submitting to the church.
(c) Wearing male clothing.
(d) Wedding unofficially.
11. Where is Joan's first English trial held?
12. What nickname is Joan given in Chapter 18?
(a) Maid of Orleans.
(b) Warrior Woman.
(c) Joan of Mercy.
(d) Joan of Arc.
13. Why does the deserter leave his army post?
(a) To attend the wedding of his daughter.
(b) To tend to his dying wife.
(c) To bury his father.
(d) To recover from an illness.
14. What do the English threaten to do when they read her letter?
(a) Make France a nation of slaves.
(b) Execute her in front of her troops.
(c) Throw her in a Brittish dungeon.
(d) Capture and burn her.
15. What is the name of the deserter Joan rescues from execution?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops Joan after the initial siege she and her army make after the coronation?
2. What date does Joan's journey to Rheims begin?
3. What is the name of the girl the Paladin falls in love with?
4. What is Dunois' nickname?
5. How is Joan killed?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)