|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Charles VII finally agree to see Joan?
(a) In his court.
(b) In a jail cell.
(c) In her room.
(d) In the town square.
2. What does Joan notice when she is first brought to her meeting with Charles VII?
(a) There is an impostor on the throne.
(b) The men all look nervous.
(c) All of his guards are aiming their weapons at her.
(d) The priest is telling lies.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the nicknames given to Joan?
(a) The Brave.
(b) The Small.
(c) The Patriot.
(d) The Bashful.
4. Who stops Joan from giving the man who comes to her door what he needs?
(b) Her father.
(c) One of the children.
(d) The mayor.
5. What are the children doing at Joan's house at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Getting ready for bed.
(c) Playing games.
(d) Learning lessons.
6. How long do the boys of the village hope to wait before going to war when they return to their village?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 3 years.
7. Who examines Joan when she is sent away to have the source of her voices discovered?
(a) A strategizer.
(b) Some psychiatrists.
(c) A council of bishops.
(d) A group of theologians.
8. Who are the Burgundians loyal to?
9. What is the Paladin doing when Louis finds him in the group?
(c) Leaning against a tree.
10. Why does Joan not fight against the banishment in her city?
(a) The banishment was done in secret.
(b) Women are not allowed in the court.
(c) She was sick.
(d) She was traveling.
11. What big change comes over Joan after Louis sees her robed companion?
(a) She seems bothered and distracted.
(b) She seems arrogant and distant.
(c) She is more caring for the people around her.
(d) She has a more commanding presence.
12. Where do the villagers of Joan's town stay before they are allowed to return home?
13. Who does Joan say her message is really for?
(a) The Dauphine.
(b) The people.
(c) Anyone who will listen.
(d) The Queen.
14. Who does Joan tell the governor she is delivering a message from?
(a) An angel.
(b) The King of Heaven.
(d) The trinity.
15. What title does the King give Joan at the end of Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joan call the figures that visit with her?
2. Who are the Armagnacs loyal to?
3. What is sadly banished from Joan's city?
4. What does Joan say she knows about Charles VII in Chapter 5?
5. What do the men say the Paladin does during battles?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)