|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long from the time of the vision Louis sees will France begin to retake their lands?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 1 year.
2. How does Louis feel about the future of France after the death of the king?
(a) He thinks he is headed to slavery.
(b) He thinks it will be stronger.
(c) He thinks it is hopeless.
(d) He thinks it is turning into England.
3. Who does Louis confide his ideas about the future of France in?
(c) The Paladin.
4. What happens when Joan tells the court she wants to rid France of England?
(a) They charge her with treason.
(b) They are shocked.
(c) They laugh,
(d) They kick her out.
5. What is sadly banished from Joan's city?
(b) French loyalists.
6. What does Louis notice about the Paladin when he finds him in the group?
(a) He has a black eye.
(b) He has not shaved.
(c) He is limping.
(d) He seems jumpy.
7. Where is a great battle lost while Joan is meeting with the governor for the second time?
8. Who stops Joan from giving the man who comes to her door what he needs?
(a) Her father.
(b) One of the children.
(d) The mayor.
9. What is killing many French people at the beginning of the book?
(a) English soldiers.
(b) Renegade tribes.
(c) Wild animals.
10. What are the children doing at Joan's house at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Playing games.
(b) Getting ready for bed.
(c) Learning lessons.
11. What does Louis draw when he is talking about the future of France?
(a) A map.
(b) A crest.
(c) His ideals.
(d) A diagram.
12. What is strange about the robed figure that Louis sees approaching Joan?
(a) It gave him a strange feeling.
(b) It was transparent.
(c) It seemed as if it were on fire.
(d) It had wings.
13. How many different Popes are vying for power at the beginning of the book?
14. Where do Joan and her army sleep at the beginning of their battles?
(a) The forest.
(b) In small tents.
(c) Sand dunes.
(d) Drainage ditches.
15. How is allegiance to England manifested when the king dies?
(a) His crown was given to the King of England.
(b) His body was cremated and sent to England.
(c) The French staff was killed and replaced.
(d) A staff was broken over his coffin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do most of Joan's new soldiers need help with?
2. Who is the ruler of France when the king dies in Chapter 5?
3. What does Louis do to ensure that he is not dreaming when he sees the robed figure approach Joan?
4. How long do the boys of the village hope to wait before going to war when they return to their village?
5. How old is the narrator when his parents die?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)