|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the madman with the axe?
2. Where does Louis draw something while talking about the future of France?
(a) In the sand.
(b) In a book.
(c) On a wall.
(d) On scrap paper.
3. How far is the Dauphine away from Joan at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) 24 miles.
(b) 20 miles.
(c) 22 miles.
(d) 18 miles.
4. How old is the narrator when the Popes are fighting for power?
5. Who makes the prophecy that France will be lost and regained by women?
6. What does Joan notice when she is first brought to her meeting with Charles VII?
(a) The priest is telling lies.
(b) All of his guards are aiming their weapons at her.
(c) There is an impostor on the throne.
(d) The men all look nervous.
7. How long do the boys of the village hope to wait before going to war when they return to their village?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 3 years.
8. Who tells Joan what she knows about Charles VII in Chapter 5?
(a) Her father.
(d) Her voices.
9. What does Charles ask Joan for before he will help her?
(a) Some time to think.
(b) A sign.
(c) A code.
(d) An oath.
10. What news does Etienne bring when he runs into town?
(a) The Armagnacs are gathering an army.
(b) The French King has been assassinated.
(c) There has been a treaty formed between France and England.
(d) The Burgudians are coming.
11. What does Louis do to ensure that he is not dreaming when he sees the robed figure approach Joan?
(a) Cuts a mark in the tree.
(b) Makes a mark in the earth.
(c) Pinches himself.
(d) Asks Joan about it later.
12. What does Joan do after the robed figure leaves her?
13. Where is Joan allowed to stay while she waits to meet with Charles VII?
(a) The Castle of Courdray.
(b) The Vacourage Village.
(c) The Palace on the Promenade.
(d) The Heivsman Hotel.
14. Who accompanies Joan to the governor's court?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her uncle.
15. What is the Paladin's real name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What big change comes over Joan after Louis sees her robed companion?
2. Where does Charles VII finally agree to see Joan?
3. What is sadly banished from Joan's city?
4. Where is a great battle lost while Joan is meeting with the governor for the second time?
5. Who announces the death of the king in Chapter 5?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)