|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the madman with the axe?
2. What does Joan call the figures that visit with her?
(a) Her angels.
(b) Her guides.
(c) Her voices.
(d) Her helpers.
3. What does Joan try to give the man who comes to her door at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. Who escorts Joan out of the castle when she is done with her meeting with Charles VII?
(a) Her own men.
(b) Queen Yolande.
(c) A group of bishops.
(d) Charles VII.
5. What does Louis notice about the Paladin when he finds him in the group?
(a) He seems jumpy.
(b) He is limping.
(c) He has a black eye.
(d) He has not shaved.
6. Who is the ruler of France when the king dies in Chapter 5?
(a) Ferdinand V.
(b) Charles IX.
(c) Louis XI.
(d) Charles VII.
7. What is Etienne's last name?
8. What is Etienne carrying when he runs into town?
(a) A sword.
(b) A large crossbow.
(c) A tree branch.
(d) A black flag.
9. Who comes to the door while the children are at Joan's house?
(a) A poor stranger.
(b) A thief.
(c) A minstrel.
(d) A Burgundian soldier.
10. What does Joan know for sure when she leaves Domremy to see the governor for the second time?
(a) All those people will die.
(b) They will be the key to France's freedom.
(c) They will hail her as a hero when she returns.
(d) She will never see her village again.
11. What is killing many French people at the beginning of the book?
(a) Renegade tribes.
(b) Wild animals.
(c) English soldiers.
12. Who announces the death of the king in Chapter 5?
(a) An English Army Captain.
(b) A Burgundian priest.
(c) A royal messenger.
(d) An Armagnac Minister.
13. Where do Charles' advisers say Joan's voices could be from?
14. Which of the following is NOT a French General?
(b) Ferdinand of Finchley.
(c) La Hire.
(d) Bastard of Orleans.
15. What does Joan tell the professor to let her do to prove the validity of her voices?
(a) Speak with him in private.
(b) Go free for a week.
(c) Give her an army.
(d) Speak with her men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Joan's army is attacked in Chapter 5?
2. Where does Joan's army go after resting in Gien?
3. How long do the boys of the village hope to wait before going to war when they return to their village?
4. Who examines Joan when she is sent away to have the source of her voices discovered?
5. What big change comes over Joan after Louis sees her robed companion?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)