|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is killing many French people at the beginning of the book?
(a) Renegade tribes.
(b) Wild animals.
(d) English soldiers.
2. What is the final decision about Joan's voices?
(a) They are a manifestation of insanity.
(b) They are harmless.
(c) They are good.
(d) They are not of the devil.
3. What do most of Joan's new soldiers need help with?
(a) Facing their fears.
(b) Staying on their horses.
(c) Holding a weapon.
(d) Following a woman's lead.
4. How long is Joan examined?
5. What does Louis do to ensure that he is not dreaming when he sees the robed figure approach Joan?
(a) Cuts a mark in the tree.
(b) Pinches himself.
(c) Asks Joan about it later.
(d) Makes a mark in the earth.
6. Where is Joan when Louis sees a robed figure approach her?
(a) In her house.
(b) Under a tree.
(c) At the school.
(d) In a church.
7. Who gives Joan most of her nicknames?
(a) The priests.
(c) Her father.
(d) The children.
8. Why does Joan not remember some of the other prophecies she has given of the boys in town?
(a) She was not the one speaking.
(b) Her memory is too full of other things.
(c) She was in a trance.
(d) She was sleeping.
9. How far is the Dauphine away from Joan at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 24 miles.
(c) 22 miles.
(d) 18 miles.
10. Who are the Armagnacs loyal to?
11. Who does Joan say her message is really for?
(a) The Queen.
(b) Anyone who will listen.
(c) The Dauphine.
(d) The people.
12. How does the man who plots to take Joan's life die?
(a) He is shot in the back.
(b) He drowns in a river.
(c) He is hung for treason.
(d) He dies of a strange illness.
13. What does Joan say she knows about Charles VII in Chapter 5?
(a) How to make him trust her.
(b) What is troubling him.
(c) Who he will marry.
(d) How he will die.
14. Who enjoys the fame of Joan when she visits with the governor for the second time?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) The boys from her village.
(c) The Paladin.
15. How many men does Joan lose to ambushes on the way to her goal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joan do after the robed figure leaves her?
2. What does Joan order the veteran members of her group to do?
3. What is the name of the madman with the axe?
4. Where is a great battle lost while Joan is meeting with the governor for the second time?
5. What does Joan know for sure when she leaves Domremy to see the governor for the second time?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)