Book 1: In Domremy, Chapter 1-2
* Louis is the narrator of the book, retelling this story as an 82-year-old man. France had been under British rule for 75 years. Armagnacs were loyal to France.
* Louis' parents were Armagnacs and were killed by Burgundians, English loyalists, when he was six. He was sent to a monastery.
* Louis learned to read and write there, and became friends with Joan, a sharp-minded girl about his same age. In Domremy, everyone was Armagnac.
* There was a pool and a spring in the area where fairies lived. The priest banished the fairies as they were declared spawn of the devil.
* Joan was furious about the banishment and used her sharp logic to argue her point. The priest apologized for his actions.
Book 1: In Domremy, Chapter 3-4
* A poor man came to Joan's door. When Joan tried to feed him her porridge, her father ordered her...
This section contains 2,683 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)