Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 40, Grant arrived in __________ and was sent on to Louisville, where he met Secretary of War Stanton.
2. The Confederates attacked a section of the Union forces repeatedly but were turned away each time, and Grant noted what about the Confederates?
3. Lee responded to the letter by saying he would surrender. Why?
4. Grant had another meeting with Lincoln and when Grant outlined his plan and reason for advancing, Lincoln said that he understood and compared it to a saying he'd heard, "If a man can't skin he must hold ___________ while somebody else does".
5. Grant described the complicated maneuvering it took to establish a siege of ______________.
After the fall of Atlanta, the Army of the Potomac began the campaign that would lead to the fall of the Confederate capital.
Part 1) Describe the fall of Atlanta. What tactics were used? What was Grant's opinion of this attack on Atlanta? Why might he have felt this way?
Part 2) Describe the campaign that led to the fall of the Confederate capital. Who organized this campaign? What role did Grant play in this campaign? How did this campaign lead to the fall of the Confederate capital?
Part 3) How significant was the fall of the Confederate capital? Explain. How different might the war have ended, if the Confederate capital had not fallen at this point? Use information from this book to support your response.
The women living during the Civil War are mentioned several times during this book.
Part 1) Describe the times when these women are mentioned. Based on this information, how did many women spend their time during the Civil War? How did they support their cause?
Part 2) Based on Grant's description of these women, what might have been his opinion of them and their plight as the mothers, wives, sisters, and friends of men in the war?
Part 3) How has the role of women during war time changed since the Civil War? Why has this role changed? In what other ways has the role of American women changed since the nineteenth century? How are you and your friends affected by the changes that have taken place regarding the role of women in American society?
Grant had many responsibilities throughout the Civil War.
Part 1) Describe two of Grant's responsibilities throughout the war. Why was he given each of these responsibilities? How successful was he at each of these tasks? Explain.
Part 2) How did his work during the Civil War affect his relationships with others? How did it influence the war effort as a whole?
Part 3) What responsibilities do you have? How did you receive these responsibilities? How successful have you been at these tasks? Explain. How important has your role been in regards to these responsibilities? Explain.
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)