Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 40, Grant arrived in __________ and was sent on to Louisville, where he met Secretary of War Stanton.
(c) Santa Fe.
2. The Confederates attacked a section of the Union forces repeatedly but were turned away each time, and Grant noted what about the Confederates?
(a) They had very little training.
(b) They were unskilled.
(c) They paid heavily in casualties.
(d) They were ruthless.
3. Lee responded to the letter by saying he would surrender. Why?
(a) The Confederate cause was hopeless.
(b) He now believed in the Union cause.
(c) He was tired of fighting.
(d) In an effort to end further bloodshed.
4. Grant had another meeting with Lincoln and when Grant outlined his plan and reason for advancing, Lincoln said that he understood and compared it to a saying he'd heard, "If a man can't skin he must hold ___________ while somebody else does".
(a) The fur.
(b) A leg.
(c) The animal.
(d) An arm.
5. Grant described the complicated maneuvering it took to establish a siege of ______________.
(c) St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 44, Grant described the actual battle. Grant knew that the Confederate Commander ___________ was among those facing the Union Army.
2. Grant described the details of the first raid of the cavalry under _________________ command.
3. In Chapter 50, Grant said that soon after the fall of Atlanta, the Army of the ______________ began the campaign that would eventually result in the fall of the Confederate capital.
4. Were the talks successful?
5. Grant told a story about __________ that he said epitomized the man's character.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)