|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 43, Sherman was ordered to prepare to attack _________________ and he successfully maneuvered into position.
2. In Chapter 52, Grant detailed the battle at the Courthouse at _______________. Grant sent a letter to Major-General Halleck, Chief of Staff of the Army in Washington, outlining the casualties which he said probably approached twenty thousand Union troops and included eleven generals.
(d) Pine Bluff.
3. In Chapter 60, Grant wrote to Major General Thomas from Grant's headquarters in City Point, _______________, in early December.
(a) North Carolina.
(c) South Carolina.
4. The march began with a supply of _________ days' rations, a supply of ammunition and a herd of cattle being driven along with the army.
5. In Chapter 55, the troops under Sheridan's command advanced on __________ Harbor but the Confederates, knowing that the position was one of tactical importance to the Union Army, were determined to hold it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was it important that the Union military take control of this fort?
2. In Chapter 69, Grant described the capture of Jefferson Davis and the surrender of General _____________.
3. Grant said this proved effective at providing cover though in the case of the Battle of the Wilderness, what happened when the wood caught on fire?
4. In Chapter 50, Grant said that soon after the fall of Atlanta, the Army of the ______________ began the campaign that would eventually result in the fall of the Confederate capital.
5. In Chapter 41, Grant toured the area and the first order of business was to do what?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)