|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 59 through Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, the Union troops advanced on _____________, Mississippi, and soon reported that the city had been captured.
(d) Cape Town.
2. In Chapter 34, the Union troops captured Port ____________. Grant was accompanied by his thirteen-year-old son.
3. During a brief leave to go home, Grant wrote a letter to Adjutant-General Colonel L. Thomas, saying that he'd been educated at the government's expense and now wanted to do what?
(a) Leave the country.
(b) Be a school teacher.
(d) Die for his country.
4. In Chapter 24, Grant arrived with the army at ________________.
(a) Pennsylvania Landing.
(b) Philadelphia Landing.
(c) Pittsburg Landing.
(d) Paden's Landing.
5. Why was it important that the Union military take control of this fort?
(a) The fort was used as a Confederate hospital.
(b) The fort was frequently a meeting place of high ranking Confederate leaders.
(c) The fort was a port of great importance to the Confederates.
(d) The fort was filled with Confederate ammunitions.
Short Answer Questions
1. General Burnside found himself in distress for what?
2. Grant told Sherman in that letter that there were no specific directions forthcoming but urged that he do what?
3. It took a couple of tries to gain control of the fort. What did Grant Grant placed part of the blame for the failed attack?
4. In Chapter 40, Grant arrived in __________ and was sent on to Louisville, where he met Secretary of War Stanton.
5. Why did Grant object to attending West Point?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)