|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 59 through Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, Grant married who?
(a) Julia Dent.
(b) Jamie Deveraux.
(c) Jill Dennison.
(d) Jennifer DeVane.
2. In Chapter 69, Grant described the capture of Jefferson Davis and the surrender of General _____________.
3. In Chapter 33, Grant set up a supply depot at Perkins' plantation and described a sense of what?
4. In Chapter 44, Grant described the actual battle. Grant knew that the Confederate Commander ___________ was among those facing the Union Army.
5. Grant said that the army always created a ___________ fronted with a compilation of wood and dirt whenever they stopped, even if just for the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 38, why did the siege end?
2. The book includes a series of footnotes, apparently written by ____________, further explaining sections of the text.
3. At Grant's request, _________________ was transferred to take over the command of the Army of Tennessee which was headquartered near Grant's location.
4. In Chapter 65, the Union captured Petersburg and who visited with Grant there the day after the final assault?
5. The move was prompted, in part, by the proximity of whom?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)