|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 59 through Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 29, troops supporting Grant at Corinth were moved out and Grant said it put him in the unenviable position of being what?
(b) On the offensive.
(c) On the defensive.
2. Grant's situation changed yet again and he assumed the role of district commander in ______ Tennessee.
3. The Confederates destroyed Union supplies intended for Grant's army and he sent troops out in widening circles to gather what?
(a) Everything they could find.
4. Grant described the condition of Union troops as he arrived at Chattanooga. He said that they had little wood available to them and their clothing was insufficient for the coming winter, but that there was no way to get supplies in until when?
(b) The President arrived.
(c) The war ended.
(d) The reinforcements arrived.
5. Grant said that once the city fell, it seemed that long-term occupation would be _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grant received orders from General Halleck to change his position, but Grant did not. Why did he not obey?
2. Grant mentioned the use of ______________ used by the Confederates in an apparent attempt to keep the Union men on their guard, though Grant said he couldn't remember a single death from that tactic.
3. In Chapter 13, Grant attended ________________ and said he didn't understand why people enjoyed the sport.
4. Grant described the unrest of the nation in the winter of _______________.
5. In Chapter 15, Grant arrived in San Francisco and said there were many there seeking what?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)