|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 59 through Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 24, Grant arrived with the army at ________________.
(a) Paden's Landing.
(b) Pennsylvania Landing.
(c) Pittsburg Landing.
(d) Philadelphia Landing.
2. In Chapter 40, Grant arrived in __________ and was sent on to Louisville, where he met Secretary of War Stanton.
(d) Santa Fe.
3. Were the talks successful?
(b) Yes, but not immediately.
(c) Yes, immediately.
4. In Chapter 65, the Union captured Petersburg and who visited with Grant there the day after the final assault?
5. Grant described the details of the first raid of the cavalry under _________________ command.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grant ordered a commander named General _________ to begin rebuilding the railroad though they have only primitive tools and this general's abilities with which to work.
2. The assault on the town that is the answer to #82 resulted in ______________ losses.
3. In Chapter 34, the Union troops captured Port ____________. Grant was accompanied by his thirteen-year-old son.
4. Ulysses S. Grant's mother was ______________ and her family was from Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, and he knew little about her parentage.
5. Lee responded to the letter by saying he would surrender. Why?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)