|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 59 through Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 65, the Union captured Petersburg and who visited with Grant there the day after the final assault?
2. Sherman questioned __________ Grant had planned after the siege at Vicksburg.
(a) A campaign.
(b) A meeting.
(c) An advance.
(d) A retreat.
3. Sherman decided to move first against ________________ and then Savannah.
4. Grant described the men posted at the edge of the river at Chattanooga and said they were accustomed to seeing what?
(a) Confederates getting water from the opposite side of the river.
(b) Men swim away down the river.
(c) Soldiers drown in the rough waters.
(d) Many large animals.
5. In Chapter 63, it became evident that the war was nearing an end. The peace commissioners from the Confederacy arrived in _____________ to meet with Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 60, Grant wrote to Major General Thomas from Grant's headquarters in City Point, _______________, in early December.
2. Grant had another meeting with Lincoln and when Grant outlined his plan and reason for advancing, Lincoln said that he understood and compared it to a saying he'd heard, "If a man can't skin he must hold ___________ while somebody else does".
3. It took a couple of tries to gain control of the fort. What did Grant Grant placed part of the blame for the failed attack?
4. In Chapter 31, Grant's headquarters were moved to ___________ Springs.
5. Grant noted that the fifty-dollar gold pieces were not government issue but were common in the area and were called what?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)