|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 50 through.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grant told a story about __________ that he said epitomized the man's character.
2. In Chapter 13, Grant attended ________________ and said he didn't understand why people enjoyed the sport.
(a) A dogfight.
(b) A bullfight.
(c) A cockfight.
3. Who taunted Grant?
(a) Another soldier.
(b) The governor of California.
(c) Most people with whom Grant came into contact in San Francisco.
(d) A ragged child.
4. In Chapter 40, Grant arrived in __________ and was sent on to Louisville, where he met Secretary of War Stanton.
(b) Santa Fe.
5. Grant talked about the Indians, saying that the trades between Indians and whites had originally been done in ___________, but business had moved to silver half-dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grant described the unrest of the nation in the winter of _______________.
2. The march was grueling and Grant said that everyone had been told to carry only what was necessary, but he saw various items discarded along the way. Why?
3. At Grant's request, _________________ was transferred to take over the command of the Army of Tennessee which was headquartered near Grant's location.
4. In Chapter 19, Grant was named _________________ and said he was surprised by the promotion.
5. During a brief leave to go home, Grant wrote a letter to Adjutant-General Colonel L. Thomas, saying that he'd been educated at the government's expense and now wanted to do what?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)