|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 50 through.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grant described the unrest of the nation in the winter of _______________.
2. In Chapter 36, Grant said the campaign had been successful in doing what?
(a) Physically splitting two important Confederate troops.
(b) Giving him a sense of purpose.
(c) Weakening the morale of the Confederates.
(d) Gaining more supporters of the northern cause.
3. In Chapter 10, the military moved quickly from Vera Cruz to avoid what?
(a) Mexican soldiers.
(b) The potential for yellow fever outbreaks among the men.
(c) A backlash from the civilians.
(d) Having to spend a hot summer in Mexico.
4. Grant noted after the surrender of Vicksburg that the men taken prisoner did what regarding the Union Army?
(a) They teased and taunted them.
(b) They begged them to let them go free.
(c) They talked and mingled with them.
(d) They ignored them.
5. In Chapter 34, the Union troops captured Port ____________. Grant was accompanied by his thirteen-year-old son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Grant born?
2. Did Grant know everything there was to know about the war being waged in Mexico?
3. Grant's father, Jesse R. Grant, was the ________ son of his family.
4. In Chapter 24, Grant arrived with the army at ________________.
5. In Chapter 21, Grant described the assault and capture of ____________.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)