|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 50 through.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grant's situation changed yet again and he assumed the role of district commander in ______ Tennessee.
2. The military regiment left Corpus Christi and Grant was promoted to ______________.
(a) Lieutenant General.
(b) Lieutenant Colonel.
(c) First Lieutenant.
(d) Second Lieutenant.
3. In Chapter 52, Grant detailed the battle at the Courthouse at _______________. Grant sent a letter to Major-General Halleck, Chief of Staff of the Army in Washington, outlining the casualties which he said probably approached twenty thousand Union troops and included eleven generals.
(d) Pine Bluff.
4. The fighting continued and Grant described in detail the movements of the men and the ________-hour battle at Champion's Hill.
5. Why did Grant object to attending West Point?
(a) He did not want to be in the military.
(b) He feared he could not pass.
(c) He did not want to attend college.
(d) His family did not have the money to send him to West Point.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Grant made the journey, he encountered a Union loyalist, Mr. ___________, who said there were Confederates in the area and that a neighbor, a Southern sympathizer, was certain to report Grant's presence.
2. What does Grant say about a fight at Molino del Rey?
3. What did Grant say that Indians would do because they did not trust store owners to add up multiple purchases?
4. The assault on the town that is the answer to #82 resulted in ______________ losses.
5. In Chapter 31, Grant's headquarters were moved to ___________ Springs.
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)