|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 24, Grant arrived with the army at ________________.
(a) Philadelphia Landing.
(b) Pittsburg Landing.
(c) Paden's Landing.
(d) Pennsylvania Landing.
2. Grant was impressed with whom at West Point?
(a) General Jackson.
(b) General Peterson.
(c) General Scott.
(d) General Davies.
3. ______________ fell on Grant and left him painfully bruised and swollen.
(a) A wall.
(b) A cart.
(c) A horse.
(d) A building.
4. Grant was sent to Ironton, Missouri, and eventually on to Jefferson City. While there, he met who for the first time?
(a) Colonel Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Colonel Robert E. Lee.
(c) Colonel Mustard.
(d) Colonel Jefferson B. Davis.
5. In Chapter 43, Sherman was ordered to prepare to attack _________________ and he successfully maneuvered into position.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, states continued to secede from the Union and the Civil War broke out in ________ of 1861.
2. In Chapter 21, Grant described the assault and capture of ____________.
3. On ____________, Grant issued a series of orders, including an order sending John A. McClernand to the right wing, Sherman to the left, and James B. McPherson at the middle.
4. Grant described the use of the ____________ at this siege.
5. General Burnside found himself in distress for what?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)