|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 30, Grant described the battle at Vicksburg and Sherman's advance along the ___________ River.
2. Grant described an incident in which who was apparently killed but was later seen watching another fight?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) A bullfighter.
(c) A cockfighter.
(d) A soldier.
3. In Chapter 18, Grant left Galena as commander of the _______ Regiment.
4. The military moved to Vera Cruz where the Americans beat at the city's walls until General ____________, the commander of the city, surrendered and General Scott's forces moved into the city.
5. Grant's father, Jesse R. Grant, was the ________ son of his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grant planned to do a short stint in the military before doing what?
2. As Grant made the journey, he encountered a Union loyalist, Mr. ___________, who said there were Confederates in the area and that a neighbor, a Southern sympathizer, was certain to report Grant's presence.
3. In Chapter 41, Grant toured the area and the first order of business was to do what?
4. Grant talked about the Indians, saying that the trades between Indians and whites had originally been done in ___________, but business had moved to silver half-dollars.
5. Grant noted that the fifty-dollar gold pieces were not government issue but were common in the area and were called what?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)