|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grant was sent to Ironton, Missouri, and eventually on to Jefferson City. While there, he met who for the first time?
(a) Colonel Jefferson B. Davis.
(b) Colonel Mustard.
(c) Colonel Robert E. Lee.
(d) Colonel Thomas Jefferson.
2. In Chapter 25, Grant said Confederate General Albert Sidney Johnston was wounded at Shiloh and, refusing to give up his command because _________________, remained on his horse until he was so weak from loss of blood that he died.
(a) He was not willing to give up control.
(b) He wanted to beat the Union soldiers.
(c) There was no one to take over.
(d) The wound was not severe.
3. Grant noted that the fifty-dollar gold pieces were not government issue but were common in the area and were called what?
4. Lincoln said that his lack of what was a problem?
(b) Military expertise.
(c) Political expertise.
5. Grant built a house and sought to make a living from what?
(a) Owning a general store.
(c) Teaching at a local school.
(d) The land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sherman questioned __________ Grant had planned after the siege at Vicksburg.
2. In Chapter 16, Grant resigned from the military. He and Julia had two children by this time and Grant moved the family to land she owned near what city?
3. Rosecrans wanted to pursue farther than Jonesboro but Grant, believing what, ordered him back?
4. The military regiment left Corpus Christi and Grant was promoted to ______________.
5. In Chapter 38, why did the siege end?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)