|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Grant object to attending West Point?
(a) He did not want to attend college.
(b) His family did not have the money to send him to West Point.
(c) He feared he could not pass.
(d) He did not want to be in the military.
2. Davis had orders that Grant would return to St. Louis where Grant discovered that he was to take command of what?
(a) The large district in Illinois.
(b) The large district in Missouri and Illinois.
(c) The large district in Illinois and Indiana.
(d) The large district in Missouri and Nebraska.
3. Grant planned to do a short stint in the military before doing what?
(c) Taking over his family's business.
(d) Going to medical school.
4. Grant said that he looked back on the taking of "the City of Mexico" and could see that the troops should have done what?
(a) Taken more prisoners.
(b) Avoided war with Mexico at all costs.
(c) Taken no prisoners.
(d) Moved in from a different direction than the one taken.
5. Lincoln called for volunteers and Grant joined, taking control of what?
(a) The other military leaders until they were given their assignments.
(b) Those soldiers coming from West Point.
(c) The young soldiers.
(d) The other volunteers until they arrived at their assignments.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Confederates destroyed Union supplies intended for Grant's army and he sent troops out in widening circles to gather what?
2. The move was prompted, in part, by the proximity of whom?
3. The following May, Grant moved to Galena, Illinois, where he began working as what in his father's store?
4. In Chapter 32, Grant described the pressure of public opinion and said that no matter what criticism occurred, who stood behind him, providing support?
5. Grant described the use of the ____________ at this siege.
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)