|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, Grant left Galena as commander of the _______ Regiment.
2. In Chapter 26, the Union troops advanced on _____________, Mississippi, and soon reported that the city had been captured.
(a) Cape Town.
3. Grant said that he looked back on the taking of "the City of Mexico" and could see that the troops should have done what?
(a) Taken no prisoners.
(b) Avoided war with Mexico at all costs.
(c) Moved in from a different direction than the one taken.
(d) Taken more prisoners.
4. In Chapter 36, Grant said the campaign had been successful in doing what?
(a) Giving him a sense of purpose.
(b) Gaining more supporters of the northern cause.
(c) Physically splitting two important Confederate troops.
(d) Weakening the morale of the Confederates.
5. Grant believed that "a _______________ advance to Atlanta, to Vicksburg, or to any other desired point south" would have been possible, but the advantage was not pressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Grant made the journey, he encountered a Union loyalist, Mr. ___________, who said there were Confederates in the area and that a neighbor, a Southern sympathizer, was certain to report Grant's presence.
2. The military moved to Vera Cruz where the Americans beat at the city's walls until General ____________, the commander of the city, surrendered and General Scott's forces moved into the city.
3. Did Grant believe that he would be brave enough to fight a duel?
4. In Chapter 14, Grant married who?
5. In Chapter 32, Grant described the pressure of public opinion and said that no matter what criticism occurred, who stood behind him, providing support?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)