|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, Grant resigned from the military. He and Julia had two children by this time and Grant moved the family to land she owned near what city?
(b) Santa Fe.
(c) St. Louis.
2. In Chapter 23, Grant received another promotion, this time to _______________ of the volunteers. In this role, he ordered a march on Nashville. There was some wrangling over the command and Grant was briefly relieved of the command then returned to the position.
3. Former slaves join up with the army and Grant's orders were to allow them to remain within the protection of the military, as long as the slaves do what?
(a) Do not talk to the Union soldiers.
(b) Find their own food.
(d) Arrive of their free will.
4. Grant believed that "a _______________ advance to Atlanta, to Vicksburg, or to any other desired point south" would have been possible, but the advantage was not pressed.
5. Who taunted Grant?
(a) A ragged child.
(b) The governor of California.
(c) Another soldier.
(d) Most people with whom Grant came into contact in San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grant's time at West Point and in the military meant that he knew who?
2. Eventually, Grant was ordered to San Francisco. When Grant's uniform first arrived, he put it on and went out in public. Why?
3. Grant mentioned the use of ______________ used by the Confederates in an apparent attempt to keep the Union men on their guard, though Grant said he couldn't remember a single death from that tactic.
4. After Grant enlisted in the army at the beginning of the Civil War, the women of Galena asked him to describe what in detail?
5. In Chapter 22, Grant planned to attack Fort Donelson but was hampered by what?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)