|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The assault on the town that is the answer to #82 resulted in ______________ losses.
2. Rosecrans wanted to pursue farther than Jonesboro but Grant, believing what, ordered him back?
(a) Rosecrans was mentally ill.
(b) The troops were too weak to travel that far.
(c) Grant should be the one to lead the men to Jonesburo.
(d) Confederate forces waiting in a good position would wipe out Rosecrans.
3. In Chapter 30, Grant described the battle at Vicksburg and Sherman's advance along the ___________ River.
4. Grant was impressed with whom at West Point?
(a) General Davies.
(b) General Scott.
(c) General Peterson.
(d) General Jackson.
5. A Confederate officer later said that he'd pointed Grant out to his men, saying that they were welcome to shoot him. Did anyone shoot at him?
(b) Yes, several times.
(c) Yes, only once.
(d) Yes, but the shots purposely missed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 39, Grant outlined a plan to assault ___________ that was eventually vetoed.
2. In Chapter 14, Grant married who?
3. Grant said that he looked back on the taking of "the City of Mexico" and could see that the troops should have done what?
4. Mexico would gain Texas but give up all rights to what?
5. Grant received orders from General Halleck to change his position, but Grant did not. Why did he not obey?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)