|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Grant attended ________________ and said he didn't understand why people enjoyed the sport.
(a) A cockfight.
(c) A bullfight.
(d) A dogfight.
2. Grant built a house and sought to make a living from what?
(a) Owning a general store.
(b) The land.
(c) Teaching at a local school.
3. After Grant enlisted in the army at the beginning of the Civil War, the women of Galena asked him to describe what in detail?
(a) The war.
(b) The places he had seen.
(c) Southern women.
(d) The army uniform.
4. Grant joined Sherman on his march into what town?
5. In Chapter 14, Grant married who?
(a) Julia Dent.
(b) Jennifer DeVane.
(c) Jill Dennison.
(d) Jamie Deveraux.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sherman questioned __________ Grant had planned after the siege at Vicksburg.
2. Grant mentioned the use of ______________ used by the Confederates in an apparent attempt to keep the Union men on their guard, though Grant said he couldn't remember a single death from that tactic.
3. Grant said that once the city fell, it seemed that long-term occupation would be _____________.
4. While the United States wanted a war with Mexico over disputed territory, Grant said what was important?
5. In Chapter 12, Grant was promoted to _________________.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)