|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 29, troops supporting Grant at Corinth were moved out and Grant said it put him in the unenviable position of being what?
(b) On the defensive.
(c) On the offensive.
2. The military regiment left Corpus Christi and Grant was promoted to ______________.
(a) First Lieutenant.
(b) Second Lieutenant.
(c) Lieutenant General.
(d) Lieutenant Colonel.
3. How does Grant describe the civilians at Monterey?
4. Grant said General Rosecrans, who had not been successful at Corinth, did what in his advance again upon Corinth?
(a) Took a very exposed route.
(b) Took too few troops.
(c) Took the wrong road.
(d) Not provide enough rations for the trip.
5. Former slaves join up with the army and Grant's orders were to allow them to remain within the protection of the military, as long as the slaves do what?
(a) Do not talk to the Union soldiers.
(c) Arrive of their free will.
(d) Find their own food.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Grant made the journey, he encountered a Union loyalist, Mr. ___________, who said there were Confederates in the area and that a neighbor, a Southern sympathizer, was certain to report Grant's presence.
2. In Chapter 33, Grant set up a supply depot at Perkins' plantation and described a sense of what?
3. Grant joined Sherman on his march into what town?
4. In Chapter 18, Grant left Galena as commander of the _______ Regiment.
5. Who taunted Grant?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)