|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did Grant know everything there was to know about the war being waged in Mexico?
2. Eventually, Grant was ordered to San Francisco. When Grant's uniform first arrived, he put it on and went out in public. Why?
(a) He had no other clothes to wear.
(b) He was promoting attending West Point.
(c) He was hoping to encourage others to join the military.
(d) He was apparently seeking acclaim for his military service.
3. Did Grant dwell on the duel he saw?
(a) No, he talked mostly about the impact of the duel on the family members of those involved in a duel.
(b) No, he hardly mentions the duel or its effect on him.
(c) No, he talked mostly about the impact of the duel on his own thoughts.
(d) Yes, he spent a great deal of time replaying the duel.
4. Grant was sent to Ironton, Missouri, and eventually on to Jefferson City. While there, he met who for the first time?
(a) Colonel Jefferson B. Davis.
(b) Colonel Robert E. Lee.
(c) Colonel Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Colonel Mustard.
5. What does Grant say about a fight at Molino del Rey?
(a) That battle could not have been avoided.
(b) That battle could have been avoided completely.
(c) That battle was worth the many losses.
(d) That battle was useless.
Short Answer Questions
1. He asked for cavalry but was assigned to what?
2. Grant said the Confederate troops were driven steadily back and eventually retreated. Grant said the victory was cinched by the arrival of whom?
3. After Grant enlisted in the army at the beginning of the Civil War, the women of Galena asked him to describe what in detail?
4. Grant believed that "a _______________ advance to Atlanta, to Vicksburg, or to any other desired point south" would have been possible, but the advantage was not pressed.
5. In Chapter 13, Grant attended ________________ and said he didn't understand why people enjoyed the sport.
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)