|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lincoln called for volunteers and Grant joined, taking control of what?
(a) The other volunteers until they arrived at their assignments.
(b) Those soldiers coming from West Point.
(c) The young soldiers.
(d) The other military leaders until they were given their assignments.
2. Grant said that once the city fell, it seemed that long-term occupation would be _____________.
3. Eventually, Grant was ordered to San Francisco. When Grant's uniform first arrived, he put it on and went out in public. Why?
(a) He had no other clothes to wear.
(b) He was apparently seeking acclaim for his military service.
(c) He was promoting attending West Point.
(d) He was hoping to encourage others to join the military.
4. Grant said that he looked back on the taking of "the City of Mexico" and could see that the troops should have done what?
(a) Avoided war with Mexico at all costs.
(b) Taken more prisoners.
(c) Moved in from a different direction than the one taken.
(d) Taken no prisoners.
5. Grant's time at West Point and in the military meant that he knew who?
(a) Many of the other long-term military men from both sides of the Civil War.
(b) Many Union military leaders.
(c) The President of the United States.
(d) Foreign military leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, Grant married who?
2. The military regiment left Corpus Christi and Grant was promoted to ______________.
3. Grant said he worked hard, but in 1858, he became ill with what?
4. In Chapter 15, Grant arrived in San Francisco and said there were many there seeking what?
5. After Grant enlisted in the army at the beginning of the Civil War, the women of Galena asked him to describe what in detail?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)