|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grant say about a fight at Molino del Rey?
(a) That battle could not have been avoided.
(b) That battle was worth the many losses.
(c) That battle could have been avoided completely.
(d) That battle was useless.
2. Did Grant believe that he would be brave enough to fight a duel?
(a) Yes, if he had no other choice.
(b) No, never.
(c) Yes, of course.
(d) Yes, maybe.
3. Grant planned to do a short stint in the military before doing what?
(b) Going to medical school.
(c) Taking over his family's business.
4. Lincoln called for volunteers and Grant joined, taking control of what?
(a) The other military leaders until they were given their assignments.
(b) Those soldiers coming from West Point.
(c) The young soldiers.
(d) The other volunteers until they arrived at their assignments.
5. Grant described the unrest of the nation in the winter of _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grant talked about the Indians, saying that the trades between Indians and whites had originally been done in ___________, but business had moved to silver half-dollars.
2. Ulysses S. Grant's mother was ______________ and her family was from Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, and he knew little about her parentage.
3. Grant contrasted General _______ with General Taylor.
4. Grant described an incident in which who was apparently killed but was later seen watching another fight?
5. He asked for cavalry but was assigned to what?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)