|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Davis had orders that Grant would return to St. Louis where Grant discovered that he was to take command of what?
(a) The large district in Missouri and Illinois.
(b) The large district in Missouri and Nebraska.
(c) The large district in Illinois and Indiana.
(d) The large district in Illinois.
2. In Chapter 15, Grant arrived in San Francisco and said there were many there seeking what?
(a) Their fortunes in gold.
(b) Lost family members.
(d) New friendships.
3. How does Grant describe the civilians at Monterey?
4. What did Grant say that Indians would do because they did not trust store owners to add up multiple purchases?
(a) They would not purchase anything at stores.
(b) They would only come into buy one item at a time.
(c) They would add up their own purchases.
(d) They would pay for each separately.
5. In Chapter 17, states continued to secede from the Union and the Civil War broke out in ________ of 1861.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Grant object to attending West Point?
2. Grant's father, Jesse R. Grant, was the ________ son of his family.
3. In Chapter 13, Grant attended ________________ and said he didn't understand why people enjoyed the sport.
4. On a Friday, Grant took a fall with his horse and was injured, though not as seriously as he might have been because of what?
5. He asked for cavalry but was assigned to what?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)