|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grant planned to do a short stint in the military before doing what?
(c) Taking over his family's business.
(d) Going to medical school.
2. Grant described an incident in which who was apparently killed but was later seen watching another fight?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A bullfighter.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) A cockfighter.
3. In Chapter 12, Grant was promoted to _________________.
(a) Lieutenant general.
(b) First lieutenant.
(c) Second lieutenant.
(d) Lieutenant colonel.
4. Grant said that he looked back on the taking of "the City of Mexico" and could see that the troops should have done what?
(a) Taken no prisoners.
(b) Avoided war with Mexico at all costs.
(c) Taken more prisoners.
(d) Moved in from a different direction than the one taken.
5. Grant said that once the city fell, it seemed that long-term occupation would be _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Grant attended ________________ and said he didn't understand why people enjoyed the sport.
2. Did Grant dwell on the duel he saw?
3. Did Grant know everything there was to know about the war being waged in Mexico?
4. Where was Grant born?
5. He described breaking ________ for working with the military.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)