|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The military regiment left Corpus Christi and Grant was promoted to ______________.
(a) First Lieutenant.
(b) Lieutenant Colonel.
(c) Second Lieutenant.
(d) Lieutenant General.
2. Did Grant know everything there was to know about the war being waged in Mexico?
3. How does Grant describe the civilians at Monterey?
4. Eventually, Grant was ordered to San Francisco. When Grant's uniform first arrived, he put it on and went out in public. Why?
(a) He was hoping to encourage others to join the military.
(b) He was promoting attending West Point.
(c) He had no other clothes to wear.
(d) He was apparently seeking acclaim for his military service.
5. Where was Grant born?
(a) Conneaut, Ohio.
(b) Cleveland, Ohio.
(c) Point Pleasant, Ohio.
(d) Bowling Green, Ohio.
Short Answer Questions
1. He asked for cavalry but was assigned to what?
2. Grant said that once the city fell, it seemed that long-term occupation would be _____________.
3. While the United States wanted a war with Mexico over disputed territory, Grant said what was important?
4. Who was Nicholas P. Trist?
5. What does Grant say about a fight at Molino del Rey?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)