|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 50 through.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A Confederate officer later said that he'd pointed Grant out to his men, saying that they were welcome to shoot him. Did anyone shoot at him?
(a) Yes, several times.
(c) Yes, but the shots purposely missed.
(d) Yes, only once.
2. Lee moved his center of operations leaving an entire Union regiment without what?
(a) An enemy to face.
(b) A plan of attack.
3. Grant contrasted General _______ with General Taylor.
4. Grant had another meeting with Lincoln and when Grant outlined his plan and reason for advancing, Lincoln said that he understood and compared it to a saying he'd heard, "If a man can't skin he must hold ___________ while somebody else does".
(a) A leg.
(b) An arm.
(c) The animal.
(d) The fur.
5. General Burnside found himself in distress for what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Grant and other officers were within full view - and rifle range - of the Confederates one day. Did the enemy shoot at them?
2. In Chapter 15, Grant arrived in San Francisco and said there were many there seeking what?
3. In Chapter 58, Grant described additional advances with Sheridan's troops and his victory at the ______________.
4. In Chapter 33, Grant set up a supply depot at Perkins' plantation and described a sense of what?
5. After Grant enlisted in the army at the beginning of the Civil War, the women of Galena asked him to describe what in detail?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)