|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 50 through.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Grant say that Indians would do because they did not trust store owners to add up multiple purchases?
(a) They would only come into buy one item at a time.
(b) They would not purchase anything at stores.
(c) They would pay for each separately.
(d) They would add up their own purchases.
2. In Chapter 17, states continued to secede from the Union and the Civil War broke out in ________ of 1861.
3. The following May, Grant moved to Galena, Illinois, where he began working as what in his father's store?
(a) A goldsmith.
(b) A clerk.
(c) A cobbler.
(d) A blacksmith.
4. Grant joined Sherman on his march into what town?
5. In Chapter 25, Grant said Confederate General Albert Sidney Johnston was wounded at Shiloh and, refusing to give up his command because _________________, remained on his horse until he was so weak from loss of blood that he died.
(a) He wanted to beat the Union soldiers.
(b) The wound was not severe.
(c) There was no one to take over.
(d) He was not willing to give up control.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Grant made the journey, he encountered a Union loyalist, Mr. ___________, who said there were Confederates in the area and that a neighbor, a Southern sympathizer, was certain to report Grant's presence.
2. Grant noted after the surrender of Vicksburg that the men taken prisoner did what regarding the Union Army?
3. In Chapter 18, Grant left Galena as commander of the _______ Regiment.
4. In Chapter 20, Grant's troops came under fire for the first time at Belmont and he said they reacted how?
5. In what role did Grant meet Lincoln for the first time?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)