|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 50 through.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grant say about a fight at Molino del Rey?
(a) That battle could not have been avoided.
(b) That battle was worth the many losses.
(c) That battle was useless.
(d) That battle could have been avoided completely.
2. In Chapter 25, Grant said Confederate General Albert Sidney Johnston was wounded at Shiloh and, refusing to give up his command because _________________, remained on his horse until he was so weak from loss of blood that he died.
(a) He was not willing to give up control.
(b) There was no one to take over.
(c) He wanted to beat the Union soldiers.
(d) The wound was not severe.
3. In Chapter 17, states continued to secede from the Union and the Civil War broke out in ________ of 1861.
4. In Chapter 20, Grant's troops came under fire for the first time at Belmont and he said they reacted how?
(a) Like veteran fighters.
(b) Like volunteers.
(c) Like old men.
(d) Like children.
5. Grant received orders from General Halleck to change his position, but Grant did not. Why did he not obey?
(a) Halleck's orders would be different if he knew the army's current situation.
(b) Halleck is a poor leader.
(c) Grant had already put his own plans in motion.
(d) Grant does not take orders from anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grant traveled to _______________ where he met with Rosecrans, another commander who had troops in serious distress at Chattanooga.
2. In Chapter 15, Grant arrived in San Francisco and said there were many there seeking what?
3. In Chapter 38, why did the siege end?
4. In Chapter 53, Grant recommended _____________ of his officers for promotion.
5. Grant built a house and sought to make a living from what?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)