|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 50 through.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The army clashed with Lee's forces at the Battle of ________________, and Grant noted that there were dead and wounded left in a large, wooded area. When the woods caught on fire, there was no way to reach the wounded and those unable to drag themselves away died there.
(a) Chalk Bluff.
(b) The Wilderness.
(c) The Marne.
(d) The Bulge.
2. When Lee's forces were discovered, what did Grant learn?
(a) He had many injured soldiers.
(b) He was in need of reinforcements.
(c) He'd chosen a place to stand and fight that gave him the tactical advantage.
(d) He was planning to resign.
3. In Chapter 58, Grant described additional advances with Sheridan's troops and his victory at the ______________.
(a) Stones River.
4. In Chapter 15, Grant arrived in San Francisco and said there were many there seeking what?
(a) Their fortunes in gold.
(b) Lost family members.
(c) New friendships.
5. The military regiment left Corpus Christi and Grant was promoted to ______________.
(a) Second Lieutenant.
(b) First Lieutenant.
(c) Lieutenant General.
(d) Lieutenant Colonel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grant said the Confederate troops were driven steadily back and eventually retreated. Grant said the victory was cinched by the arrival of whom?
2. At Grant's request, _________________ was transferred to take over the command of the Army of Tennessee which was headquartered near Grant's location.
3. In Chapter 53, Grant recommended _____________ of his officers for promotion.
4. In Chapter 43, Sherman was ordered to prepare to attack _________________ and he successfully maneuvered into position.
5. Two days later, Grant set up a military trap with several troops apparently exposed to attack, hoping what?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)