|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually, Grant was ordered to San Francisco. When Grant's uniform first arrived, he put it on and went out in public. Why?
(a) He had no other clothes to wear.
(b) He was promoting attending West Point.
(c) He was hoping to encourage others to join the military.
(d) He was apparently seeking acclaim for his military service.
2. During a brief leave to go home, Grant wrote a letter to Adjutant-General Colonel L. Thomas, saying that he'd been educated at the government's expense and now wanted to do what?
(a) Be a school teacher.
(b) Leave the country.
(d) Die for his country.
3. In Chapter 14, Grant married who?
(a) Jamie Deveraux.
(b) Jennifer DeVane.
(c) Julia Dent.
(d) Jill Dennison.
4. Grant built a house and sought to make a living from what?
(a) Teaching at a local school.
(b) Owning a general store.
(d) The land.
5. Grant said he worked hard, but in 1858, he became ill with what?
(a) A recurring fever.
(b) Scarlet fever.
(c) Lung fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grant's time at West Point and in the military meant that he knew who?
2. Did Grant know everything there was to know about the war being waged in Mexico?
3. In Chapter 21, Grant described the assault and capture of ____________.
4. In Chapter 24, Grant arrived with the army at ________________.
5. In Chapter 19, Grant was named _________________ and said he was surprised by the promotion.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)