|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grant was impressed with whom at West Point?
(a) General Jackson.
(b) General Davies.
(c) General Scott.
(d) General Peterson.
2. In Chapter 15, Grant arrived in San Francisco and said there were many there seeking what?
(a) New friendships.
(b) Lost family members.
(c) Their fortunes in gold.
3. In Chapter 21, Grant described the assault and capture of ____________.
(a) Fort Henry.
(b) Fort Scott.
(c) Fort Stewart.
(d) Fort David.
4. Grant reported in September at the ________________ Barracks in St. Louis.
5. In Chapter 23, Grant received another promotion, this time to _______________ of the volunteers. In this role, he ordered a march on Nashville. There was some wrangling over the command and Grant was briefly relieved of the command then returned to the position.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grant cited the nature of the fort's commander and predicted what?
2. Eventually, Grant was ordered to San Francisco. When Grant's uniform first arrived, he put it on and went out in public. Why?
3. In Chapter 14, Grant married who?
4. In Chapter 17, states continued to secede from the Union and the Civil War broke out in ________ of 1861.
5. On a Friday, Grant took a fall with his horse and was injured, though not as seriously as he might have been because of what?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)