|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did Grant dwell on the duel he saw?
(a) No, he talked mostly about the impact of the duel on his own thoughts.
(b) Yes, he spent a great deal of time replaying the duel.
(c) No, he talked mostly about the impact of the duel on the family members of those involved in a duel.
(d) No, he hardly mentions the duel or its effect on him.
2. In Chapter 34, the Union troops captured Port ____________. Grant was accompanied by his thirteen-year-old son.
3. Grant described the use of the ____________ at this siege.
4. In Chapter 22, Grant planned to attack Fort Donelson but was hampered by what?
(b) Heavy rains.
5. He described breaking ________ for working with the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25, Grant said Confederate General Albert Sidney Johnston was wounded at Shiloh and, refusing to give up his command because _________________, remained on his horse until he was so weak from loss of blood that he died.
2. In Chapter 21, Grant described the assault and capture of ____________.
3. On a Friday, Grant took a fall with his horse and was injured, though not as seriously as he might have been because of what?
4. Grant traveled to _______________ where he met with Rosecrans, another commander who had troops in serious distress at Chattanooga.
5. Did Grant believe that he would be brave enough to fight a duel?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)