|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 45, Grant was moved to ____________ and established a headquarters there.
2. In Chapter 10, the military moved quickly from Vera Cruz to avoid what?
(a) The potential for yellow fever outbreaks among the men.
(b) A backlash from the civilians.
(c) Mexican soldiers.
(d) Having to spend a hot summer in Mexico.
3. In Chapter 23, Grant received another promotion, this time to _______________ of the volunteers. In this role, he ordered a march on Nashville. There was some wrangling over the command and Grant was briefly relieved of the command then returned to the position.
4. In Chapter 34, the Union troops captured Port ____________. Grant was accompanied by his thirteen-year-old son.
5. In Chapter 39, Grant outlined a plan to assault ___________ that was eventually vetoed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grant noted after the surrender of Vicksburg that the men taken prisoner did what regarding the Union Army?
2. Ulysses S. Grant's mother was ______________ and her family was from Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, and he knew little about her parentage.
3. In Chapter 13, Grant attended ________________ and said he didn't understand why people enjoyed the sport.
4. Grant noted that the fifty-dollar gold pieces were not government issue but were common in the area and were called what?
5. General Burnside found himself in distress for what?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)