|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grant described an incident in which who was apparently killed but was later seen watching another fight?
(a) A bullfighter.
(b) A cockfighter.
(c) A soldier.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
2. Grant said that he looked back on the taking of "the City of Mexico" and could see that the troops should have done what?
(a) Avoided war with Mexico at all costs.
(b) Taken more prisoners.
(c) Taken no prisoners.
(d) Moved in from a different direction than the one taken.
3. How does Grant describe the civilians at Monterey?
4. Sherman questioned __________ Grant had planned after the siege at Vicksburg.
(a) A campaign.
(b) A meeting.
(c) An advance.
(d) A retreat.
5. Former slaves join up with the army and Grant's orders were to allow them to remain within the protection of the military, as long as the slaves do what?
(a) Do not talk to the Union soldiers.
(c) Arrive of their free will.
(d) Find their own food.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Grant made the journey, he encountered a Union loyalist, Mr. ___________, who said there were Confederates in the area and that a neighbor, a Southern sympathizer, was certain to report Grant's presence.
2. Grant planned to do a short stint in the military before doing what?
3. What does Grant say about a fight at Molino del Rey?
4. Grant said the campaign against Atlanta lasted some ___________ months and "was one of the most memorable in history."
5. On ____________, Grant issued a series of orders, including an order sending John A. McClernand to the right wing, Sherman to the left, and James B. McPherson at the middle.
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)