|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, Grant left Galena as commander of the _______ Regiment.
2. In Chapter 40, Grant arrived in __________ and was sent on to Louisville, where he met Secretary of War Stanton.
(c) Santa Fe.
3. Grant said the campaign against Atlanta lasted some ___________ months and "was one of the most memorable in history."
4. Grant was sent to Ironton, Missouri, and eventually on to Jefferson City. While there, he met who for the first time?
(a) Colonel Robert E. Lee.
(b) Colonel Jefferson B. Davis.
(c) Colonel Mustard.
(d) Colonel Thomas Jefferson.
5. At Grant's request, _________________ was transferred to take over the command of the Army of Tennessee which was headquartered near Grant's location.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, Grant resigned from the military. He and Julia had two children by this time and Grant moved the family to land she owned near what city?
2. Grant talked about the Indians, saying that the trades between Indians and whites had originally been done in ___________, but business had moved to silver half-dollars.
3. In Chapter 38, why did the siege end?
4. Sherman questioned __________ Grant had planned after the siege at Vicksburg.
5. In Chapter 14, Grant married who?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)