|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40 through 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Grant attended ________________ and said he didn't understand why people enjoyed the sport.
(a) A bullfight.
(c) A dogfight.
(d) A cockfight.
2. In Chapter 27, Grant moved to _______________, where he set up headquarters.
(d) St. Louis.
3. Grant said the campaign against Atlanta lasted some ___________ months and "was one of the most memorable in history."
4. Grant traveled to _______________ where he met with Rosecrans, another commander who had troops in serious distress at Chattanooga.
5. Mexico would gain Texas but give up all rights to what?
(a) Washington, Oregon, and California.
(c) California and New Mexico.
(d) California and Utah.
Short Answer Questions
1. During a brief leave to go home, Grant wrote a letter to Adjutant-General Colonel L. Thomas, saying that he'd been educated at the government's expense and now wanted to do what?
2. Grant and other officers were within full view - and rifle range - of the Confederates one day. Did the enemy shoot at them?
3. Grant said he worked hard, but in 1858, he became ill with what?
4. Grant described the men posted at the edge of the river at Chattanooga and said they were accustomed to seeing what?
5. What did the loyalists soon begin to float on rafts down the river to the Union men?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)