|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 50 through.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The army clashed with Lee's forces at the Battle of ________________, and Grant noted that there were dead and wounded left in a large, wooded area. When the woods caught on fire, there was no way to reach the wounded and those unable to drag themselves away died there.
(a) The Bulge.
(b) The Marne.
(c) Chalk Bluff.
(d) The Wilderness.
2. Lincoln called for volunteers and Grant joined, taking control of what?
(a) The other volunteers until they arrived at their assignments.
(b) Those soldiers coming from West Point.
(c) The other military leaders until they were given their assignments.
(d) The young soldiers.
3. Grant noted after the surrender of Vicksburg that the men taken prisoner did what regarding the Union Army?
(a) They talked and mingled with them.
(b) They teased and taunted them.
(c) They ignored them.
(d) They begged them to let them go free.
4. In Chapter 26, the Union troops advanced on _____________, Mississippi, and soon reported that the city had been captured.
(c) Cape Town.
5. Grant said the Confederate troops were driven steadily back and eventually retreated. Grant said the victory was cinched by the arrival of whom?
(a) General Robert E. Lee.
(b) General Albert Sidney Johnston.
(c) General George Washington.
(d) General W.H.L. Wallace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grant noted that when the ladies learned the truth about the condition of the Confederate Army and that the Union had the upper hand, they began to cry. Besides being upset, why did they cry?
2. Grant said the Confederate losses were bound to be higher and outlined his plans to do what?
3. On a Friday, Grant took a fall with his horse and was injured, though not as seriously as he might have been because of what?
4. In Chapter 39, Grant outlined a plan to assault ___________ that was eventually vetoed.
5. Grant's time at West Point and in the military meant that he knew who?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)