|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 50 through.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grant's time at West Point and in the military meant that he knew who?
(a) Many of the other long-term military men from both sides of the Civil War.
(b) The President of the United States.
(c) Many Union military leaders.
(d) Foreign military leaders.
2. The move was prompted, in part, by the proximity of whom?
(a) So many Confederate troops.
(b) So many other experienced commanders.
(c) So many wealthy families.
(d) So many military families.
3. Grant described the use of the ____________ at this siege.
4. Grant built a house and sought to make a living from what?
(b) Teaching at a local school.
(c) Owning a general store.
(d) The land.
5. Davis had orders that Grant would return to St. Louis where Grant discovered that he was to take command of what?
(a) The large district in Missouri and Nebraska.
(b) The large district in Illinois and Indiana.
(c) The large district in Illinois.
(d) The large district in Missouri and Illinois.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grant described the unrest of the nation in the winter of _______________.
2. Grant noted after the surrender of Vicksburg that the men taken prisoner did what regarding the Union Army?
3. The march was grueling and Grant said that everyone had been told to carry only what was necessary, but he saw various items discarded along the way. Why?
4. The following May, Grant moved to Galena, Illinois, where he began working as what in his father's store?
5. In Chapter 50, Grant said that soon after the fall of Atlanta, the Army of the ______________ began the campaign that would eventually result in the fall of the Confederate capital.
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)