|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 50 through.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book includes a series of footnotes, apparently written by ____________, further explaining sections of the text.
2. Grant was sent to Ironton, Missouri, and eventually on to Jefferson City. While there, he met who for the first time?
(a) Colonel Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Colonel Mustard.
(c) Colonel Jefferson B. Davis.
(d) Colonel Robert E. Lee.
3. The following May, Grant moved to Galena, Illinois, where he began working as what in his father's store?
(a) A cobbler.
(b) A clerk.
(c) A goldsmith.
(d) A blacksmith.
4. Lee moved his center of operations leaving an entire Union regiment without what?
(a) A plan of attack.
(d) An enemy to face.
5. In Chapter 35, Grant learned that McPherson's campaign was successful and Grant, who was with Sherman's men, pressed the advantage in order to capture who?
Short Answer Questions
1. Grant said the Confederate troops were driven steadily back and eventually retreated. Grant said the victory was cinched by the arrival of whom?
2. In Chapter 39, Grant outlined a plan to assault ___________ that was eventually vetoed.
3. In Chapter 27, Grant moved to _______________, where he set up headquarters.
4. In Chapter 16, Grant resigned from the military. He and Julia had two children by this time and Grant moved the family to land she owned near what city?
5. Each man carried ________ days' supply of food in addition to what was being hauled. As a wagon was emptied, it returned to a base camp where it was again filled with the same load and returned to the army camps.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)