|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 50 through.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 32, Grant described the pressure of public opinion and said that no matter what criticism occurred, who stood behind him, providing support?
(a) President Robert E. Lee.
(b) Stonewall Jackson.
(c) President Lincoln.
(d) George W. Bush.
2. The fighting continued and Grant described in detail the movements of the men and the ________-hour battle at Champion's Hill.
3. In Chapter 19, Grant was named _________________ and said he was surprised by the promotion.
4. In Chapter 39, Grant outlined a plan to assault ___________ that was eventually vetoed.
5. When Lee's forces were discovered, what did Grant learn?
(a) He was in need of reinforcements.
(b) He had many injured soldiers.
(c) He was planning to resign.
(d) He'd chosen a place to stand and fight that gave him the tactical advantage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, Grant planned to attack Fort Donelson but was hampered by what?
2. Sherman questioned __________ Grant had planned after the siege at Vicksburg.
3. Grant said the Confederate losses were bound to be higher and outlined his plans to do what?
4. Grant was sent to Ironton, Missouri, and eventually on to Jefferson City. While there, he met who for the first time?
5. As Grant made the journey, he encountered a Union loyalist, Mr. ___________, who said there were Confederates in the area and that a neighbor, a Southern sympathizer, was certain to report Grant's presence.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)