|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 50 through.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The move was prompted, in part, by the proximity of whom?
(a) So many other experienced commanders.
(b) So many Confederate troops.
(c) So many wealthy families.
(d) So many military families.
2. In Chapter 16, Grant resigned from the military. He and Julia had two children by this time and Grant moved the family to land she owned near what city?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) Santa Fe.
3. As Grant made the journey, he encountered a Union loyalist, Mr. ___________, who said there were Confederates in the area and that a neighbor, a Southern sympathizer, was certain to report Grant's presence.
(a) De Loche.
(b) De Rosa.
(c) De Vane.
(d) De Long.
4. Sherman questioned __________ Grant had planned after the siege at Vicksburg.
(a) An advance.
(b) A retreat.
(c) A campaign.
(d) A meeting.
5. Grant described the complicated maneuvering it took to establish a siege of ______________.
(c) St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. A Confederate officer later said that he'd pointed Grant out to his men, saying that they were welcome to shoot him. Did anyone shoot at him?
2. Grant said the Confederate losses were bound to be higher and outlined his plans to do what?
3. On a Friday, Grant took a fall with his horse and was injured, though not as seriously as he might have been because of what?
4. Lee moved his center of operations leaving an entire Union regiment without what?
5. Grant mentioned the use of ______________ used by the Confederates in an apparent attempt to keep the Union men on their guard, though Grant said he couldn't remember a single death from that tactic.
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)