|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beebe dies of ______ the day after listening to Nixon's speech and giving a last hurrah from his hospital bed.
(a) Surgery complications
(d) Heart disease
2. After a year of widowhood, Kay's _______ grows more bearable to her, but the paper is still difficult.
(a) Low self esteem
(b) Lack of a partner
(d) Home life
3. Kay acknowledges the bravery it takes for ___________ members to stay on the job.
4. Ignatius proves mismatched for the job of Post ___________ and is replaced by John Prescott.
(b) Reporter manager
5. Kay is advised to fight for the Post and to prepare ___________ to inherit the paper by clerking during the summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the union at the time of the union disputes at the Post?
2. What does Dr. Farber refuse to do in relation to Phil's mental disorder?
3. Phil has stated before that journalism is the ____________ of history.
4. Kay declares that she will work, but that she will not __________ - the opposite of what many expected her to do.
5. Where does Phil request to go for his weekend break, even though doctors are concerned and Kay would have been had she seen the suicidal writings of Phil?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the standing orders of Bradlee during the Watergate story that is unfolding?
2. What does Kay look forward to when John Prescott comes in to take the place of Ignatius?
3. What does Simmons unload in order to begin to help the Washington Post be as profitable as possible?
4. Why does Kay feel it is her job to keep in touch with U.S. officials in and out of office?
5. What does Roger Parkinson suggest when the pressmen strike and attack?
6. What happens when there are union negotiations taking place at the Post?
7. What does Henry Kissinger want to discuss when he sits down for a lunch with Kay?
8. What does Bradlee do in order to help improve the Post staff in his new position?
9. What does Phil do in order to pay for the purchase of the news magazine for business people?
10. What is the purpose of the cruise that Mother takes Kay on during this part of Kay's memoir?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)