|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Grahams fly to finalize the formation of the Los Angeles Times-Washington Post News Service?
(a) San Francisco
(c) Los Angeles
(d) Washington DC
2. Kay continues to lean heavily on _______ who helps her with running her company and keeping it financially secure.
3. Dugan duped the management into thinking that the pressmen would ___________.
(a) Give up negotations
(b) Listen to an offer
(c) Be more reasonable
(d) Complete the run
4. Woodward and Bernstein reveal a secret _________ fund used to gather intelligence controlled by Mitchell.
5. Nixon declares that his _________, John Dean, has investigated the break in and found no White House involvement.
(b) Secretary of State
(c) Best friend
(d) Chief Justice
Short Answer Questions
1. Men and women typically __________ after dinner in Washington, but as Kay rebels, the practice disappears all over Washington.
2. What does Roger Parkinson suggest to help the Post get its papers printed for the next day?
3. Phil orders a trip for the whole family to ___________ before sending Don off to Harvard.
4. What is the category under which the paper wins the Pulitzer Prize for the work on the DNC break in?
5. Kay cares about the ________ and keeping it in the family, so she has to make it work.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kay look forward to when John Prescott comes in to take the place of Ignatius?
2. What does Phil do in order to pay for the purchase of the news magazine for business people?
3. What is the line that Phil uses in his speeches that is still quoted to this day?
4. What happens during Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre after his tapes are subpoenaed?
5. What is the purpose of the cruise that Mother takes Kay on during this part of Kay's memoir?
6. What happens when there are union negotiations taking place at the Post?
7. What does Buffet suggest that Kay do with the undervalued stock?
8. What do none of the guests at the Bohlens' farewell party suspect of JFK, according to Kay?
9. What action does Phil take that Kay is not completely convinced is a good idea?
10. What happens after Stevenson meets up with Kay when she is in London on her way to the Aegean?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)