|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ has been holding the company together during the years of Phil's decline.
2. Kay leaves it to ____________ to decide whether to invest in cable television news, which is not pursued.
(a) Warren Buffet
(b) John Prescott
(c) The board
(d) Ben Bradlee
3. Wiggins is bothered by the advance knowledge of Diem's _____________ in 1963.
(d) Border agreement
4. Kay cares about the ________ and keeping it in the family, so she has to make it work.
(d) Graham name
5. Kay naively takes it personally when _________ is furious about a contradiction that is printed about him in a Newsweek story, even though it is corrected.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kay says she should have __________ the letter where AG John Mitchell called the Post 'the best paper in the country.'
2. The Post acquires Kaplan ___________ and stock shares in various newspapers in order to secure its financial stability.
3. Kay continues to lean heavily on _______ who helps her with running her company and keeping it financially secure.
4. The pressmen's Pearl Harbor includes the sabotage of all the __________ and the assault of the foreman.
5. The break in at the _____________ National Headquarters is first dismissed as a third rate burglary.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as the result of Kay being conditioned to deal only with important people?
2. What is the purpose of the cruise that Mother takes Kay on during this part of Kay's memoir?
3. What are some of the policies that Kay implements in order to take on the idea of sexism in society?
4. What does Bradlee do in order to help improve the Post staff in his new position?
5. What action does Phil take that Kay is not completely convinced is a good idea?
6. What happens when Kay gets Newsweek to feature the Third World in its magazine?
7. What happens during the pressmens' Pearl Harbor as Kay finds out early in the morning on October 1, 1975?
8. What does the Nixon spokesman first say of the Democratic National Committee Headquarters break-in?
9. What does Kay look forward to when John Prescott comes in to take the place of Ignatius?
10. What is the world's reaction to Watergate during this time, as it's only just begun to unfold?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)