|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Post acquires Kaplan ___________ and stock shares in various newspapers in order to secure its financial stability.
(a) Educational Centers
(d) Cellular Phones
2. Kay looks forward to Prescott getting rid of the ______________ approach prevalent at the paper.
(a) Fire fighting
(b) Fly by the seat of one's pants
(c) Crisis management
(d) Fire prevention
3. ___________ has been holding the company together during the years of Phil's decline.
4. The guild continues to rally the_______, but it seems to pull an unwise stunt every time resolve begins to falter.
5. Nixon declares that his _________, John Dean, has investigated the break in and found no White House involvement.
(a) Chief Justice
(c) Best friend
(d) Secretary of State
Short Answer Questions
1. Kay acknowledges the bravery it takes for ___________ members to stay on the job.
2. Kay realizes that the Post has no ___________ within four levels of her own position.
3. Newsweek does less well financially than the Post because _________ is lenient with the editors.
4. JFK appoints Phil to incorporate ________ a groundbreaking public/private enterprise.
5. Kay says that she likes Bush Sr. personally, but Newsweek labels him a _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Nixon spokesman first say of the Democratic National Committee Headquarters break-in?
2. What are some of the policies that Kay implements in order to take on the idea of sexism in society?
3. How does the Post already regard Richard Nixon as told from the point of view of Kay?
4. What does Buffet suggest that Kay do with the undervalued stock?
5. What is the world's reaction to Watergate during this time, as it's only just begun to unfold?
6. What is the purpose of the cruise that Mother takes Kay on during this part of Kay's memoir?
7. What happens during the pressmens' Pearl Harbor as Kay finds out early in the morning on October 1, 1975?
8. Why do the Grahams fly to Los Angeles in early 1962 at the start of this chapter?
9. What action does Phil take that Kay is not completely convinced is a good idea?
10. What does Simmons unload in order to begin to help the Washington Post be as profitable as possible?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)