|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lally urges her mother to heed St. Paul's advice: "In all things give __________."
2. What is the title that Kay assumes when she becomes an active leader in the Post?
(d) Board member
3. Phil has stated before that journalism is the ____________ of history.
(a) First draft
(c) Stone carvings
4. Men and women typically __________ after dinner in Washington, but as Kay rebels, the practice disappears all over Washington.
(c) Come together
5. Ben Bradlee's standing orders to the staff during the Watergate scandal is to push relentlessly for the ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a year of widowhood, Kay's _______ grows more bearable to her, but the paper is still difficult.
2. Kay believes that after Phil's suicide, she has lost Phil _____________.
3. Kay leaves it to ____________ to decide whether to invest in cable television news, which is not pursued.
4. Through the 1970s, Kay feels that her ____________ exceeded her accomplishments.
5. Newsweek loses money and diverts talent to its ill-conceived launching of ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre after his tapes are subpoenaed?
2. What happens during the pressmens' Pearl Harbor as Kay finds out early in the morning on October 1, 1975?
3. What are some of the policies that Kay implements in order to take on the idea of sexism in society?
4. What does Buffet suggest that Kay do with the undervalued stock?
5. What does Roger Parkinson suggest when the pressmen strike and attack?
6. What happens as the result of Kay being conditioned to deal only with important people?
7. Why do the Grahams fly to Los Angeles in early 1962 at the start of this chapter?
8. What are the standing orders of Bradlee during the Watergate story that is unfolding?
9. What happens when there are union negotiations taking place at the Post?
10. What does Phil do in order to pay for the purchase of the news magazine for business people?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)