|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The guild continues to rally the_______, but it seems to pull an unwise stunt every time resolve begins to falter.
2. Reston and Noyes argue that in light of the ____________ letter, it would be senseless for the Post not to be recognized.
3. Concerned about his place in history, LBJ has brought masses of top secret documents about ____________.
4. Phil orders a trip for the whole family to ___________ before sending Don off to Harvard.
5. Kay looks forward to Prescott getting rid of the ______________ approach prevalent at the paper.
(a) Fly by the seat of one's pants
(b) Fire fighting
(c) Crisis management
(d) Fire prevention
Short Answer Questions
1. The guests at the Bohlens' farewell party have no idea that Kennedy has already seen pictures of ___________.
2. Woodward and Bernstein reveal a secret _________ fund used to gather intelligence controlled by Mitchell.
3. Kay says she should have __________ the letter where AG John Mitchell called the Post 'the best paper in the country.'
4. Kay continues to lean heavily on _______ who helps her with running her company and keeping it financially secure.
5. Kay declares that she will work, but that she will not __________ - the opposite of what many expected her to do.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pearson keep Kay from doing during the situation with Phil?
2. What action does Phil take that Kay is not completely convinced is a good idea?
3. What happens when Kay gets Newsweek to feature the Third World in its magazine?
4. What happens during Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre after his tapes are subpoenaed?
5. What is the line that Phil uses in his speeches that is still quoted to this day?
6. What do none of the guests at the Bohlens' farewell party suspect of JFK, according to Kay?
7. What happens when there are union negotiations taking place at the Post?
8. What has Beebe been doing during the years of Phil's decline at the Post?
9. What does Roger Parkinson suggest when the pressmen strike and attack?
10. What are some of the policies that Kay implements in order to take on the idea of sexism in society?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)