|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lally urges her mother to heed St. Paul's advice: "In all things give __________."
2. What does Mother do with Kay in order to take her mind off thinking about Phil's suicide?
(a) Takes her on a cruise
(b) Lets her move home
(c) Lets her cry on her shoulder
(d) Stays at the house with her
3. Nixon suggests that Kay invite ___________ to an editorial luncheon to brief editors on Vietnam policy.
(a) Lyndon Johnson
(b) Spiro Agnew
(c) Henry Kissinger
(d) Steve Truman
4. Beebe dies of ______ the day after listening to Nixon's speech and giving a last hurrah from his hospital bed.
(a) Surgery complications
(d) Heart disease
5. Reston and Noyes argue that in light of the ____________ letter, it would be senseless for the Post not to be recognized.
Short Answer Questions
1. JFK appoints Phil to incorporate ________ a groundbreaking public/private enterprise.
2. Kay gives _________ broad autonomy and he is not bothered by her higher profile.
3. Concerned about his place in history, LBJ has brought masses of top secret documents about ____________.
4. Kay believes that after Phil's suicide, she has lost Phil _____________.
5. Newsweek loses money and diverts talent to its ill-conceived launching of ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Nixon spokesman first say of the Democratic National Committee Headquarters break-in?
2. What happens when there are union negotiations taking place at the Post?
3. What happens as the result of Kay being conditioned to deal only with important people?
4. What is the world's reaction to Watergate during this time, as it's only just begun to unfold?
5. What does Pearson keep Kay from doing during the situation with Phil?
6. What does Roger Parkinson suggest when the pressmen strike and attack?
7. What does Henry Kissinger want to discuss when he sits down for a lunch with Kay?
8. What has Beebe been doing during the years of Phil's decline at the Post?
9. What happens during Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre after his tapes are subpoenaed?
10. What is the purpose of the cruise that Mother takes Kay on during this part of Kay's memoir?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)