|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kay's friend Polly Wisner's husband also ___________, just as Kay's husband Phil did.
(a) Runs a paper
(b) Likes the country
(c) Has an affair
(d) Commits suicide
2. What does Dr. Farber refuse to do in relation to Phil's mental disorder?
(a) Label his affliction
(b) Come to the house for therapy sessions
(c) Talk to Kay
(d) Treat Phil
3. Who is poised to take over Kay's position at the Post, though she is concerned about the timing?
4. Wiggins is bothered by the advance knowledge of Diem's _____________ in 1963.
(d) Border agreement
5. Who leads the union at the time of the union disputes at the Post?
(a) Jim Cooper
(b) Ben Bradlee
(c) Brian Flores
(d) John Dugan
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roger Parkinson suggest to help the Post get its papers printed for the next day?
2. Kay's goal is for politicians and other US officials to begin to see journalists as ____________.
3. Kay realizes that the Post has no ___________ within four levels of her own position.
4. Kay continues to lean heavily on _______ who helps her with running her company and keeping it financially secure.
5. What is the greatest worry of Kay in her role as a leader at the Post?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Phil do in order to pay for the purchase of the news magazine for business people?
2. What does Kay look forward to when John Prescott comes in to take the place of Ignatius?
3. How might one describe Kay's relationship to Sweeterman during her position at the Post?
4. What are the standing orders of Bradlee during the Watergate story that is unfolding?
5. What is the world's reaction to Watergate during this time, as it's only just begun to unfold?
6. How does Kay feel that some of her feelings of inferiority have been bred into her generation of women?
7. What does the Nixon spokesman first say of the Democratic National Committee Headquarters break-in?
8. Why do the Grahams fly to Los Angeles in early 1962 at the start of this chapter?
9. What is the line that Phil uses in his speeches that is still quoted to this day?
10. What happens during the pressmens' Pearl Harbor as Kay finds out early in the morning on October 1, 1975?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)