|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the union at the time of the union disputes at the Post?
(a) Ben Bradlee
(b) Jim Cooper
(c) Brian Flores
(d) John Dugan
2. Kay declares that she will work, but that she will not __________ - the opposite of what many expected her to do.
(a) Stay single
(b) Work at the Post
(c) Use the trust money
3. Kay realizes that Capote only wants her around at his party in order to re-energize after ______________.
(b) In Cold Blood
(c) His dog's death
(d) A bad breakup
4. Where does Phil request to go for his weekend break, even though doctors are concerned and Kay would have been had she seen the suicidal writings of Phil?
(a) San Francisco
(b) Martha's Vineyard
(c) Glen Welby
(d) Mt. Kisco
5. Woodward and Bernstein reveal a secret _________ fund used to gather intelligence controlled by Mitchell.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a year of widowhood, Kay's _______ grows more bearable to her, but the paper is still difficult.
2. Kay realizes she has been conditioned to work and to deal only with __________ people - something which needs to change.
3. What does Phil have to cut back on since Kay is ill, helping his mental health tremendously?
4. Kay says she should have __________ the letter where AG John Mitchell called the Post 'the best paper in the country.'
5. That Nixon keeps _________ in 1971 to 1972 becomes known, though Kay cannot remember if she was on it.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Grahams fly to Los Angeles in early 1962 at the start of this chapter?
2. What happens during Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre after his tapes are subpoenaed?
3. What does Kay look forward to when John Prescott comes in to take the place of Ignatius?
4. What does Pearson keep Kay from doing during the situation with Phil?
5. What is the line that Phil uses in his speeches that is still quoted to this day?
6. What does Roger Parkinson suggest when the pressmen strike and attack?
7. Why does Kay feel it is her job to keep in touch with U.S. officials in and out of office?
8. What are some of the policies that Kay implements in order to take on the idea of sexism in society?
9. What action does Phil take that Kay is not completely convinced is a good idea?
10. What do none of the guests at the Bohlens' farewell party suspect of JFK, according to Kay?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)