|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father insist that every full-speed-ahead business person should have in his/her company?
(a) A PR person
(b) A secretary
(c) An editing team
(d) A full partner
2. Kay is advised to fight for the Post and to prepare ___________ to inherit the paper by clerking during the summer.
3. Kay is certain that the Post and Newsweek will go harder on ____________ because of her friendship.
4. Kay's friend Polly Wisner's husband also ___________, just as Kay's husband Phil did.
(a) Runs a paper
(b) Has an affair
(c) Likes the country
(d) Commits suicide
5. What is the publication that Phil decides to buy to help strengthen the Post company?
(a) San Francisco Chronicle
(b) Time Magazine
(d) Chicago Tribune
Short Answer Questions
1. Phil orders a trip for the whole family to ___________ before sending Don off to Harvard.
2. Through the 1970s, Kay feels that her ____________ exceeded her accomplishments.
3. Ignatius proves mismatched for the job of Post ___________ and is replaced by John Prescott.
4. Who is the star reporter that Bradlee hires from the New York Times, helping to rejuvenate the Post?
5. Kay resents ____________'s unwillingness to accept her, but is intimidated and defers to his ideas.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buffet suggest that Kay do with the undervalued stock?
2. What happens when there are union negotiations taking place at the Post?
3. What happens during the pressmens' Pearl Harbor as Kay finds out early in the morning on October 1, 1975?
4. What happens when Kay gets Newsweek to feature the Third World in its magazine?
5. What does Bradlee do in order to help improve the Post staff in his new position?
6. What is the purpose of the cruise that Mother takes Kay on during this part of Kay's memoir?
7. What happens during Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre after his tapes are subpoenaed?
8. What does Phil do in order to pay for the purchase of the news magazine for business people?
9. What is the world's reaction to Watergate during this time, as it's only just begun to unfold?
10. How does Kay feel that some of her feelings of inferiority have been bred into her generation of women?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)