|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is poised to take over Kay's position at the Post, though she is concerned about the timing?
2. Ignatius proves mismatched for the job of Post ___________ and is replaced by John Prescott.
(d) Reporter manager
3. Kay is sufficiently free from worry to indulge in her interest in _____________, pushing her to travel around the world.
(a) Women's rights
(b) World hunger
(c) Genital mutilation
(d) World issues
4. Star becomes less important to the world as Americans are no longer reading __________ newspapers.
5. What does Roger Parkinson suggest to help the Post get its papers printed for the next day?
(b) A miracle
(c) Hand cranked editions
Short Answer Questions
1. Kay's friend Polly Wisner's husband also ___________, just as Kay's husband Phil did.
2. To what movement is Kay finally awakening, causing her to take action for the cause?
3. Phil has stated before that journalism is the ____________ of history.
4. Kay is told it will take her __________ years to win the people's hearts from the Vietcong.
5. Kay says that she likes Bush Sr. personally, but Newsweek labels him a _____________.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)