|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kay is advised to fight for the Post and to prepare ___________ to inherit the paper by clerking during the summer.
2. Kay looks forward to Prescott getting rid of the ______________ approach prevalent at the paper.
(a) Fire prevention
(b) Fire fighting
(c) Fly by the seat of one's pants
(d) Crisis management
3. Kay naively takes it personally when _________ is furious about a contradiction that is printed about him in a Newsweek story, even though it is corrected.
4. Where does Phil request to go for his weekend break, even though doctors are concerned and Kay would have been had she seen the suicidal writings of Phil?
(a) Glen Welby
(b) Mt. Kisco
(c) San Francisco
(d) Martha's Vineyard
5. The guild continues to rally the_______, but it seems to pull an unwise stunt every time resolve begins to falter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Men and women typically __________ after dinner in Washington, but as Kay rebels, the practice disappears all over Washington.
2. Who makes the first connection to Nixon's re-election fund, keeping him from getting fired from his reporter job?
3. Kay resents ____________'s unwillingness to accept her, but is intimidated and defers to his ideas.
4. Woodward and Bernstein reveal a secret _________ fund used to gather intelligence controlled by Mitchell.
5. Early on, the Post is dragged into Nixon's war against the "eastern establishment _________ press."
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when there are union negotiations taking place at the Post?
2. What happens during Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre after his tapes are subpoenaed?
3. What is the purpose of the cruise that Mother takes Kay on during this part of Kay's memoir?
4. How does Kay feel that some of her feelings of inferiority have been bred into her generation of women?
5. Why does Kay feel it is her job to keep in touch with U.S. officials in and out of office?
6. What does Buffet suggest that Kay do with the undervalued stock?
7. What happens during the pressmens' Pearl Harbor as Kay finds out early in the morning on October 1, 1975?
8. What has Beebe been doing during the years of Phil's decline at the Post?
9. What does Bradlee do in order to help improve the Post staff in his new position?
10. What does the Nixon spokesman first say of the Democratic National Committee Headquarters break-in?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)