|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kay's goal is for politicians and other US officials to begin to see journalists as ____________.
2. Who takes Phil out of his/her will once his affair is brought to light?
3. Who leads the union at the time of the union disputes at the Post?
(a) John Dugan
(b) Jim Cooper
(c) Brian Flores
(d) Ben Bradlee
4. Where do the Grahams fly to finalize the formation of the Los Angeles Times-Washington Post News Service?
(a) Los Angeles
(c) San Francisco
(d) Washington DC
5. When Kay gets Newsweek to feature the _______________, it is the worst selling issue of the year.
(a) Korean War
(b) Third World
(c) Cast of MASH
(d) Vietnam War
Short Answer Questions
1. Kay resents ____________'s unwillingness to accept her, but is intimidated and defers to his ideas.
2. Newsweek does less well financially than the Post because _________ is lenient with the editors.
3. Newsweek loses money and diverts talent to its ill-conceived launching of ___________.
4. Kay's friend Polly Wisner's husband also ___________, just as Kay's husband Phil did.
5. What is the greatest worry of Kay in her role as a leader at the Post?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the policies that Kay implements in order to take on the idea of sexism in society?
2. What is the purpose of the cruise that Mother takes Kay on during this part of Kay's memoir?
3. What does Henry Kissinger want to discuss when he sits down for a lunch with Kay?
4. What does Kay look forward to when John Prescott comes in to take the place of Ignatius?
5. What does the Nixon spokesman first say of the Democratic National Committee Headquarters break-in?
6. What happens when there are union negotiations taking place at the Post?
7. What do none of the guests at the Bohlens' farewell party suspect of JFK, according to Kay?
8. How does Kay feel that some of her feelings of inferiority have been bred into her generation of women?
9. What is the line that Phil uses in his speeches that is still quoted to this day?
10. What happens during Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre after his tapes are subpoenaed?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)