|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Phil request to go for his weekend break, even though doctors are concerned and Kay would have been had she seen the suicidal writings of Phil?
(a) Mt. Kisco
(b) San Francisco
(c) Glen Welby
(d) Martha's Vineyard
2. The break in at the _____________ National Headquarters is first dismissed as a third rate burglary.
(a) Green Party
3. Kay hesitates, but eventually accepts an invitation to cruise the Greek islands with ____________.
(a) Rollo May
(b) Henry Kissinger
(c) Carl Jung
(d) Truman Capote
4. Kay says that she likes Bush Sr. personally, but Newsweek labels him a _____________.
(b) Easy target
(c) Poor leader
(d) War monger
5. Who is the star reporter that Bradlee hires from the New York Times, helping to rejuvenate the Post?
(a) Barbara Walters
(b) Molly Parker
(c) David Broder
(d) David Brashears
Short Answer Questions
1. Kay's goal is for politicians and other US officials to begin to see journalists as ____________.
2. Phil decides to arbitrarily tone down Newsweek's reporting of the _______________.
3. What does Father insist that every full-speed-ahead business person should have in his/her company?
4. Who leads the union at the time of the union disputes at the Post?
5. Kay is told it will take her __________ years to win the people's hearts from the Vietcong.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Kay gets Newsweek to feature the Third World in its magazine?
2. What does Henry Kissinger want to discuss when he sits down for a lunch with Kay?
3. What are some of the policies that Kay implements in order to take on the idea of sexism in society?
4. What does Buffet suggest that Kay do with the undervalued stock?
5. How does the Post already regard Richard Nixon as told from the point of view of Kay?
6. What do none of the guests at the Bohlens' farewell party suspect of JFK, according to Kay?
7. What does Bradlee do in order to help improve the Post staff in his new position?
8. What action does Phil take that Kay is not completely convinced is a good idea?
9. What does Simmons unload in order to begin to help the Washington Post be as profitable as possible?
10. What happens during the pressmens' Pearl Harbor as Kay finds out early in the morning on October 1, 1975?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)