|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kay realizes that the Post has no ___________ within four levels of her own position.
(c) Poor person
2. Kay believes that after Phil's suicide, she has lost Phil _____________.
3. Reston and the New York Times detect ___________ in the South but agree to kill the story for the White House.
(a) Civil unrest
(b) Cuban infiltration
(c) Terrorist activities
(d) Troop movements
4. The _________ staff at the Washington Post continues to work as usual during the upheaval.
5. What is the title that Kay assumes when she becomes an active leader in the Post?
(b) Board member
Short Answer Questions
1. To what movement is Kay finally awakening, causing her to take action for the cause?
2. Lally urges her mother to heed St. Paul's advice: "In all things give __________."
3. Who leads the union at the time of the union disputes at the Post?
4. Kay says that she likes Bush Sr. personally, but Newsweek labels him a _____________.
5. Wiggins is bothered by the advance knowledge of Diem's _____________ in 1963.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the policies that Kay implements in order to take on the idea of sexism in society?
2. How might one describe Kay's relationship to Sweeterman during her position at the Post?
3. How does the Post already regard Richard Nixon as told from the point of view of Kay?
4. What does Phil do in order to pay for the purchase of the news magazine for business people?
5. What happens after Stevenson meets up with Kay when she is in London on her way to the Aegean?
6. What happens when there are union negotiations taking place at the Post?
7. What is the purpose of the cruise that Mother takes Kay on during this part of Kay's memoir?
8. What are the standing orders of Bradlee during the Watergate story that is unfolding?
9. What does Bradlee do in order to help improve the Post staff in his new position?
10. What does the Nixon spokesman first say of the Democratic National Committee Headquarters break-in?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)