|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Grahams fly to finalize the formation of the Los Angeles Times-Washington Post News Service?
(a) Los Angeles
(b) San Francisco
(d) Washington DC
2. Who is the reporter who has distinguished himself as conscientious, hardworking and driven at the time of the break in though he's only been at the Post for a few months?
(a) Carl Bernstein
(b) Bob Woodward
(c) Ben Bradlee
(d) Spiro Agnew
3. Early on, the Post is dragged into Nixon's war against the "eastern establishment _________ press."
4. The pressmen's Pearl Harbor includes the sabotage of all the __________ and the assault of the foreman.
(b) Delivery trucks
(c) Electrical outlets
(d) Paper reams
5. What disease does Kay hide from Phil during a crucial time when she feels she should not upset him?
(b) Breast cancer
(c) Heart murmur
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roger Parkinson suggest to help the Post get its papers printed for the next day?
2. The _________ staff at the Washington Post continues to work as usual during the upheaval.
3. Kay resents ____________'s unwillingness to accept her, but is intimidated and defers to his ideas.
4. Kay realizes she has been conditioned to work and to deal only with __________ people - something which needs to change.
5. Much of the nation thinks that the Watergate matter is _________ and stands with the president.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buffet suggest that Kay do with the undervalued stock?
2. What is the world's reaction to Watergate during this time, as it's only just begun to unfold?
3. Why does Kay feel it is her job to keep in touch with U.S. officials in and out of office?
4. What is the purpose of the cruise that Mother takes Kay on during this part of Kay's memoir?
5. What are some of the policies that Kay implements in order to take on the idea of sexism in society?
6. What happens as the result of Kay being conditioned to deal only with important people?
7. What does Simmons unload in order to begin to help the Washington Post be as profitable as possible?
8. What does Kay look forward to when John Prescott comes in to take the place of Ignatius?
9. What has Beebe been doing during the years of Phil's decline at the Post?
10. What does Bradlee do in order to help improve the Post staff in his new position?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)