|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Post has made costly concessions to the ________, including a clause specifying that outside advertisements must be re-set even if the original copy is used.
(d) Layout artists
2. Who is the reporter who has distinguished himself as conscientious, hardworking and driven at the time of the break in though he's only been at the Post for a few months?
(a) Bob Woodward
(b) Carl Bernstein
(c) Spiro Agnew
(d) Ben Bradlee
3. Kay continues to lean heavily on _______ who helps her with running her company and keeping it financially secure.
4. Newsweek does less well financially than the Post because _________ is lenient with the editors.
5. What is the publication that Phil decides to buy to help strengthen the Post company?
(a) Time Magazine
(c) Chicago Tribune
(d) San Francisco Chronicle
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title that Kay assumes when she becomes an active leader in the Post?
2. Who leads the union at the time of the union disputes at the Post?
3. Kay's friend Polly Wisner's husband also ___________, just as Kay's husband Phil did.
4. What does Roger Parkinson suggest to help the Post get its papers printed for the next day?
5. Kay says that she likes Bush Sr. personally, but Newsweek labels him a _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the world's reaction to Watergate during this time, as it's only just begun to unfold?
2. What does Simmons unload in order to begin to help the Washington Post be as profitable as possible?
3. How does Kay feel that some of her feelings of inferiority have been bred into her generation of women?
4. What happens during Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre after his tapes are subpoenaed?
5. What are some of the policies that Kay implements in order to take on the idea of sexism in society?
6. What does Roger Parkinson suggest when the pressmen strike and attack?
7. What does Buffet suggest that Kay do with the undervalued stock?
8. What does Kay look forward to when John Prescott comes in to take the place of Ignatius?
9. What does Henry Kissinger want to discuss when he sits down for a lunch with Kay?
10. What does the Nixon spokesman first say of the Democratic National Committee Headquarters break-in?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)