|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ignatius proves mismatched for the job of Post ___________ and is replaced by John Prescott.
(d) Reporter manager
2. Kay realizes that Capote only wants her around at his party in order to re-energize after ______________.
(a) A bad breakup
(c) In Cold Blood
(d) His dog's death
3. Kay is sufficiently free from worry to indulge in her interest in _____________, pushing her to travel around the world.
(a) World issues
(b) Genital mutilation
(c) World hunger
(d) Women's rights
4. Who is the elected prime minister of Great Britain whom Kay is linked with romantically?
(a) Margaret Thatcher
(b) Gordon Brown
(c) Tony Blair
(d) Edward Heath
5. The Post has made costly concessions to the ________, including a clause specifying that outside advertisements must be re-set even if the original copy is used.
(d) Layout artists
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kay gets Newsweek to feature the _______________, it is the worst selling issue of the year.
2. Phil has stated before that journalism is the ____________ of history.
3. The Post acquires Kaplan ___________ and stock shares in various newspapers in order to secure its financial stability.
4. Kay leaves it to ____________ to decide whether to invest in cable television news, which is not pursued.
5. The guests at the Bohlens' farewell party have no idea that Kennedy has already seen pictures of ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kay look forward to when John Prescott comes in to take the place of Ignatius?
2. What are some of the policies that Kay implements in order to take on the idea of sexism in society?
3. What happens when Kay gets Newsweek to feature the Third World in its magazine?
4. What happens as the result of Kay being conditioned to deal only with important people?
5. How does Kay feel that some of her feelings of inferiority have been bred into her generation of women?
6. What do none of the guests at the Bohlens' farewell party suspect of JFK, according to Kay?
7. What does Roger Parkinson suggest when the pressmen strike and attack?
8. What does Simmons unload in order to begin to help the Washington Post be as profitable as possible?
9. How does the Post already regard Richard Nixon as told from the point of view of Kay?
10. What happens during the pressmens' Pearl Harbor as Kay finds out early in the morning on October 1, 1975?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)