|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the reporter who has distinguished himself as conscientious, hardworking and driven at the time of the break in though he's only been at the Post for a few months?
(a) Carl Bernstein
(b) Spiro Agnew
(c) Bob Woodward
(d) Ben Bradlee
2. Kay travels 10,000 miles to interview people, leaving ________ with space to establish his authority.
3. Phil has stated before that journalism is the ____________ of history.
(b) First draft
(c) Stone carvings
4. Kay realizes that Capote only wants her around at his party in order to re-energize after ______________.
(a) A bad breakup
(b) His dog's death
(d) In Cold Blood
5. Kay actually told Women's Wear Daily back in 1969 that a ___________ would be better suited to her job than she.
Short Answer Questions
1. Newsweek loses money and diverts talent to its ill-conceived launching of ___________.
2. Reston and the New York Times detect ___________ in the South but agree to kill the story for the White House.
3. Kay's friend Polly Wisner's husband also ___________, just as Kay's husband Phil did.
4. Ben Bradlee's standing orders to the staff during the Watergate scandal is to push relentlessly for the ____________.
5. The guild continues to rally the_______, but it seems to pull an unwise stunt every time resolve begins to falter.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bradlee do in order to help improve the Post staff in his new position?
2. What happens as the result of Kay being conditioned to deal only with important people?
3. What are the standing orders of Bradlee during the Watergate story that is unfolding?
4. What is the line that Phil uses in his speeches that is still quoted to this day?
5. How does Kay feel that some of her feelings of inferiority have been bred into her generation of women?
6. What is the world's reaction to Watergate during this time, as it's only just begun to unfold?
7. What does Henry Kissinger want to discuss when he sits down for a lunch with Kay?
8. What happens during the pressmens' Pearl Harbor as Kay finds out early in the morning on October 1, 1975?
9. What happens when Kay gets Newsweek to feature the Third World in its magazine?
10. What does Kay look forward to when John Prescott comes in to take the place of Ignatius?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)