|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the reporter who has distinguished himself as conscientious, hardworking and driven at the time of the break in though he's only been at the Post for a few months?
(a) Ben Bradlee
(b) Spiro Agnew
(c) Carl Bernstein
(d) Bob Woodward
2. What does Father insist that every full-speed-ahead business person should have in his/her company?
(a) A full partner
(b) A secretary
(c) A PR person
(d) An editing team
3. Kay says that she likes Bush Sr. personally, but Newsweek labels him a _____________.
(a) Poor leader
(b) Easy target
(c) War monger
4. To what movement is Kay finally awakening, causing her to take action for the cause?
(b) Health care
(c) Drug control
5. Kay is certain that the Post and Newsweek will go harder on ____________ because of her friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nixon declares that his _________, John Dean, has investigated the break in and found no White House involvement.
2. Lally urges her mother to heed St. Paul's advice: "In all things give __________."
3. The _________ staff at the Washington Post continues to work as usual during the upheaval.
4. Nixon suggests that Kay invite ___________ to an editorial luncheon to brief editors on Vietnam policy.
5. The break in at the _____________ National Headquarters is first dismissed as a third rate burglary.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the pressmens' Pearl Harbor as Kay finds out early in the morning on October 1, 1975?
2. What does Buffet suggest that Kay do with the undervalued stock?
3. What has Beebe been doing during the years of Phil's decline at the Post?
4. What is the purpose of the cruise that Mother takes Kay on during this part of Kay's memoir?
5. What does Henry Kissinger want to discuss when he sits down for a lunch with Kay?
6. How does Kay feel that some of her feelings of inferiority have been bred into her generation of women?
7. What does the Nixon spokesman first say of the Democratic National Committee Headquarters break-in?
8. What are some of the policies that Kay implements in order to take on the idea of sexism in society?
9. What happens as the result of Kay being conditioned to deal only with important people?
10. What happens when there are union negotiations taking place at the Post?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)