|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kay gives _________ broad autonomy and he is not bothered by her higher profile.
2. Who makes the first connection to Nixon's re-election fund, keeping him from getting fired from his reporter job?
(a) Ben Bradlee
(b) Bob Woodward
(c) John Waters
(d) Carl Bernstein
3. Kay realizes that Capote only wants her around at his party in order to re-energize after ______________.
(a) A bad breakup
(b) His dog's death
(c) In Cold Blood
4. Phil orders a trip for the whole family to ___________ before sending Don off to Harvard.
5. Concerned about his place in history, LBJ has brought masses of top secret documents about ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Grahams fly to finalize the formation of the Los Angeles Times-Washington Post News Service?
2. Kay looks forward to Prescott getting rid of the ______________ approach prevalent at the paper.
3. After a year of widowhood, Kay's _______ grows more bearable to her, but the paper is still difficult.
4. What is the publication that Phil decides to buy to help strengthen the Post company?
5. What is the greatest worry of Kay in her role as a leader at the Post?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the standing orders of Bradlee during the Watergate story that is unfolding?
2. What does Phil do in order to pay for the purchase of the news magazine for business people?
3. What happens when there are union negotiations taking place at the Post?
4. What action does Phil take that Kay is not completely convinced is a good idea?
5. Why do the Grahams fly to Los Angeles in early 1962 at the start of this chapter?
6. What does Pearson keep Kay from doing during the situation with Phil?
7. How does Kay feel that some of her feelings of inferiority have been bred into her generation of women?
8. What does Bradlee do in order to help improve the Post staff in his new position?
9. What are some of the policies that Kay implements in order to take on the idea of sexism in society?
10. Why does Kay feel it is her job to keep in touch with U.S. officials in and out of office?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)