|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phil most enjoy about the military and its boot camp?
(b) Foul language
2. Who is Kay's attendant at her wedding to Phil at Mt. Kisco?
3. Kay admits to being shyer and less confident, being fearful of _____________.
(c) Her husband
(d) Boring others
4. What is Phil horrified to find out that Kay wants to become after they are married?
(d) Lady who lunches
5. Kay's _________ celebration is more restrained than most, though she meets a good friend there.
(c) Coming out
Short Answer Questions
1. Kay takes a great part in ______________ when not attending to Phil and to his recovery.
2. What is the first name of the woman that Eugene decided to marry two years after meeting her?
3. To what school does Kay transfer after not going to the London School of Economics?
4. Kay begins to write the __________ section of the Sunday Post while Phil is busy at work.
5. Which of the sisters suffers the most from parental inattention of all in the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kay avoid academic probation after battling with a hated history teacher?
2. Where does Kay's education begin as she is growing up as a part of the Meyer family?
3. Mother takes more of an active role in politics, but what does she feel pride about doing at this point?
4. What is Philip Graham doing when Kay Meyer first meets him in Washington?
5. Where do the Meyers spend their summers after spending their winters in Washington?
6. Why is Philip Graham's father not keen about the idea of Kay and Phil getting married?
7. What does Father arrange for Kay when she goes to San Francisco to meet with family?
8. How is Father's crusade to improve the Washington Post aided during his leadership of the paper?
9. What does Father think about Kay's admission to the London School of Economics?
10. What does Agnes consider to be a part of the contract of marriage in terms of duties?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)