|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Kay hide from Phil during a crucial time when she feels she should not upset him?
(a) Heart murmur
(c) Breast cancer
2. Who is poised to take over Kay's position at the Post, though she is concerned about the timing?
3. ___________ has been holding the company together during the years of Phil's decline.
4. The pressmen's Pearl Harbor includes the sabotage of all the __________ and the assault of the foreman.
(a) Electrical outlets
(c) Delivery trucks
(d) Paper reams
5. Lally urges her mother to heed St. Paul's advice: "In all things give __________."
6. Phil pressures John F. Kennedy to __________ taxes in order to boost the economy, a move which is successful.
7. What does Dr. Farber refuse to do in relation to Phil's mental disorder?
(a) Come to the house for therapy sessions
(b) Label his affliction
(c) Treat Phil
(d) Talk to Kay
8. Much of the nation thinks that the Watergate matter is _________ and stands with the president.
9. Beebe dies of ______ the day after listening to Nixon's speech and giving a last hurrah from his hospital bed.
(b) Heart disease
(d) Surgery complications
10. Kay gives _________ broad autonomy and he is not bothered by her higher profile.
11. What is the category under which the paper wins the Pulitzer Prize for the work on the DNC break in?
(a) National coverage
(b) Investigative reporting
(d) Political reporting
12. The break in at the _____________ National Headquarters is first dismissed as a third rate burglary.
(a) Green Party
13. Kay is told it will take her __________ years to win the people's hearts from the Vietcong.
14. Who is the star reporter that Bradlee hires from the New York Times, helping to rejuvenate the Post?
(a) David Broder
(b) David Brashears
(c) Molly Parker
(d) Barbara Walters
15. The guests at the Bohlens' farewell party have no idea that Kennedy has already seen pictures of ___________.
(a) The new atomic bomb
(b) Soviet missiles in Cuba
(c) The Mexican Offensive
(d) Cuba's boats
Short Answer Questions
1. Dugan duped the management into thinking that the pressmen would ___________.
2. JFK appoints Phil to incorporate ________ a groundbreaking public/private enterprise.
3. The Post has made costly concessions to the ________, including a clause specifying that outside advertisements must be re-set even if the original copy is used.
4. The guild continues to rally the_______, but it seems to pull an unwise stunt every time resolve begins to falter.
5. What is the title that Kay assumes when she becomes an active leader in the Post?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)