|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dugan duped the management into thinking that the pressmen would ___________.
(a) Complete the run
(b) Be more reasonable
(c) Listen to an offer
(d) Give up negotations
2. Kay leaves it to ____________ to decide whether to invest in cable television news, which is not pursued.
(a) The board
(b) Warren Buffet
(c) Ben Bradlee
(d) John Prescott
3. Who takes Phil out of his/her will once his affair is brought to light?
4. Kay cares about the ________ and keeping it in the family, so she has to make it work.
(b) Graham name
5. Kay naively takes it personally when _________ is furious about a contradiction that is printed about him in a Newsweek story, even though it is corrected.
6. When Kay gets Newsweek to feature the _______________, it is the worst selling issue of the year.
(a) Third World
(b) Korean War
(c) Vietnam War
(d) Cast of MASH
7. Kay realizes that the Post has no ___________ within four levels of her own position.
(d) Poor person
8. Nixon suggests that Kay invite ___________ to an editorial luncheon to brief editors on Vietnam policy.
(a) Spiro Agnew
(b) Lyndon Johnson
(c) Henry Kissinger
(d) Steve Truman
9. Through the 1970s, Kay feels that her ____________ exceeded her accomplishments.
10. Kay may be influenced by Gloria Steinem, but she is put off by the militant ____________ extremists.
11. That Nixon keeps _________ in 1971 to 1972 becomes known, though Kay cannot remember if she was on it.
(a) A kill list
(b) A media list
(c) A friends list
(d) An enemies list
12. Concerned about his place in history, LBJ has brought masses of top secret documents about ____________.
13. The Post has made costly concessions to the ________, including a clause specifying that outside advertisements must be re-set even if the original copy is used.
(d) Layout artists
14. Phil pressures John F. Kennedy to __________ taxes in order to boost the economy, a move which is successful.
15. The guests at the Bohlens' farewell party have no idea that Kennedy has already seen pictures of ___________.
(a) Soviet missiles in Cuba
(b) The Mexican Offensive
(c) The new atomic bomb
(d) Cuba's boats
Short Answer Questions
1. Kay gives _________ broad autonomy and he is not bothered by her higher profile.
2. Kay's goal is for politicians and other US officials to begin to see journalists as ____________.
3. Kay believes it is difficult to appraise what kind of president _________ might have been had he lived longer.
4. Who invests heavily in Post stock and puts the Post on the same level of excellence as Disney?
5. Phil orders a trip for the whole family to ___________ before sending Don off to Harvard.
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)