|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kay's goal is for politicians and other US officials to begin to see journalists as ____________.
2. Kay leaves it to ____________ to decide whether to invest in cable television news, which is not pursued.
(a) Warren Buffet
(b) The board
(c) John Prescott
(d) Ben Bradlee
3. Phil decides to arbitrarily tone down Newsweek's reporting of the _______________.
(a) Bay of Pigs
(b) Pentagon Papers
(d) Watergate Scandal
4. Kay is told it will take her __________ years to win the people's hearts from the Vietcong.
5. Star becomes less important to the world as Americans are no longer reading __________ newspapers.
6. Who is the elected prime minister of Great Britain whom Kay is linked with romantically?
(a) Tony Blair
(b) Gordon Brown
(c) Margaret Thatcher
(d) Edward Heath
7. Kay says that she likes Bush Sr. personally, but Newsweek labels him a _____________.
(a) Poor leader
(b) War monger
(d) Easy target
8. The break in at the _____________ National Headquarters is first dismissed as a third rate burglary.
(b) Green Party
9. Who is poised to take over Kay's position at the Post, though she is concerned about the timing?
10. The Post has made costly concessions to the ________, including a clause specifying that outside advertisements must be re-set even if the original copy is used.
(c) Layout artists
11. That Nixon keeps _________ in 1971 to 1972 becomes known, though Kay cannot remember if she was on it.
(a) A kill list
(b) A friends list
(c) An enemies list
(d) A media list
12. What does Phil have to cut back on since Kay is ill, helping his mental health tremendously?
(a) Work schedule
(c) Social schedule
(d) Time overseas
13. ___________ has been holding the company together during the years of Phil's decline.
14. Who is the star reporter that Bradlee hires from the New York Times, helping to rejuvenate the Post?
(a) Molly Parker
(b) Barbara Walters
(c) David Broder
(d) David Brashears
15. Beebe dies of ______ the day after listening to Nixon's speech and giving a last hurrah from his hospital bed.
(a) Heart disease
(b) Surgery complications
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the union at the time of the union disputes at the Post?
2. Kay resents ____________'s unwillingness to accept her, but is intimidated and defers to his ideas.
3. Ben Bradlee's standing orders to the staff during the Watergate scandal is to push relentlessly for the ____________.
4. Through the 1970s, Kay feels that her ____________ exceeded her accomplishments.
5. Who is the reporter who has distinguished himself as conscientious, hardworking and driven at the time of the break in though he's only been at the Post for a few months?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)