|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kay's _________ celebration is more restrained than most, though she meets a good friend there.
(a) Coming out
2. Who is the dominant influence in the lives of Phil and Kay, reveling in gossip, arguments, and irreverence?
3. Phil foresees the value of __________ journalism and be looks to buying television markets.
(c) On demand
4. Margaret Ellen Powell is hired by the Meyerses in order to raise the ________ children they will eventually have.
5. To where does Phil transfer when he finds the Office of Strategic Services too political?
(a) Peace Corps
(b) Air corps
6. What does Kay write for the first year at her father's newspaper?
(a) Sports articles
(b) Light editorials
(c) Front page news
7. To where do Agnes and Eugene finally move their children to live?
8. _____________, nearing seventy, is enjoying recognition for his/her diverse and useful work.
(a) Ernest Graham
(c) Ruth and Florence
9. How many pages has the purchased publication shrunk to when Eugene buys it?
10. Where do Phil and Kay sail off to for their honeymoon trip after the wedding?
(d) No where
11. Kay is a part of the press corps who attends _________'s press conference in the Oval Office after Hitler invades Poland.
12. What is the one department which is not equaled or passed by the Post in relation to the Star?
13. What does Agnes do for two months after the birth of Elizabeth in 1914?
(a) Stays at home with her
(b) Travels around Europe
(c) Stays in a mental ward
(d) Runs for office
14. What do Phil and Kay call their baby, who is causing Kay to be on bedrest to avoid another miscarriage?
15. What does Phil most enjoy about the military and its boot camp?
(d) Foul language
Short Answer Questions
1. At what school does Agnes attend courses during her marriage to Eugene?
2. Which of the sisters suffers the most from parental inattention of all in the family?
3. ___________ is a difficult baby and Kay has to lean on her three-year-old, Lally, for assistance.
4. What does Father want the publication to become under his guidance and time in a leadership position?
5. What is the temporary situation of Agnes' that lasts four years instead of the short time expected?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)