|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Father decides that he will apply his business sense to the publication as he has no experience in ___________.
2. What is the newspaper that the Post buys in order to help strengthen the company?
(a) New Yorker
(b) New York Times
(c) Chicago Tribune
3. Kay takes a great part in ______________ when not attending to Phil and to his recovery.
(a) Social causes
(b) The work of her mother
(c) Her father's care
(d) The newspaper
4. Kay is charmed by Phil's ability to penetrate ___________ when they talk with each other.
(c) Human nature
(d) Hard topics
5. Kay promises Phil that while she is rich, she is willing to live on _______________.
(a) What he earns
(b) Her trust fund
(c) Her daddy's coattails
6. What is NOT one of the duties that Agnes feels she has to do as a part of her marriage contract?
(a) Act as a hostess
(b) Bear and raise children
(c) Make love
(d) Run the household
7. What does Kay write for the first year at her father's newspaper?
(a) Front page news
(b) Light editorials
(d) Sports articles
8. At what kind of school did Kay begin her education as a child?
9. Where do Phil and Kay sail off to for their honeymoon trip after the wedding?
(c) No where
10. What is the major that Kay eventually declares when she is at college?
(c) American History
11. Kay keeps tabs on a ________ full of strikebreakers making the rounds of the waterfront.
12. WWI falls conveniently at the time Eugene's __________ calls for him to take up public service.
(c) Map of life
13. What is the place where the Grahams and their families like to spend time relaxing?
(a) Glen Ellen
(b) Glen Welby
(c) Glen Murderos
(d) Glen Allen
14. At what school does Agnes attend courses during her marriage to Eugene?
15. Where does Father take Kay in order to meet the family and to arrange a job for her?
(c) San Francisco
(d) Los Angeles
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eugene fare in his new position as offered to him by President Truman?
2. What is the nickname of the daughter, Elizabeth, who is born in 1914?
3. What is the name of the journal of the New School for Social Research that Agnes helps to co-found and edit?
4. What is the religious background of Kay's father's side of the family?
5. What does Kay decline to join as they only invite her reluctantly because of her half-Jewish background?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)