|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phil have to cut back on since Kay is ill, helping his mental health tremendously?
(a) Social schedule
(b) Work schedule
(d) Time overseas
2. The ____________, unlike Father, cannot subsidize the losses of the paper and are fortunate the CBS radio operation is profitable.
3. What does Kay need during this trying time though she does not know how to admit it?
(c) Her mother
(d) A divorce
4. Who is Kay's attendant at her wedding to Phil at Mt. Kisco?
5. Phil decides to arbitrarily tone down Newsweek's reporting of the _______________.
(b) Watergate Scandal
(c) Bay of Pigs
(d) Pentagon Papers
Short Answer Questions
1. Lally urges her mother to heed St. Paul's advice: "In all things give __________."
2. What kind of man does Eugene sign up to be in Washington, serving on the War Industries Board?
3. Kay also decides to join the _________ club formed by soldiers' wives, many of whmo are pregnant and working.
4. Kay cannot help being a _________ and a guileless tattletale when she is younger.
5. President Truman's _____________ Emergency Committee is based on Father's suggestion.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)