|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother do with Kay in order to take her mind off thinking about Phil's suicide?
(a) Lets her cry on her shoulder
(b) Lets her move home
(c) Stays at the house with her
(d) Takes her on a cruise
2. WWI falls conveniently at the time Eugene's __________ calls for him to take up public service.
(d) Map of life
3. Mother finds the women of Washington intellectually _______ but enjoys their luncheon debates.
4. Eugene Meyer is a 32-year-old self-made millionaire _________ and art collector.
(b) Oil man
5. Kay cannot help being a _________ and a guileless tattletale when she is younger.
(a) Willful child
(c) Daddy's little girl
(d) Goody two shoes
Short Answer Questions
1. Kay hesitates, but eventually accepts an invitation to cruise the Greek islands with ____________.
2. What does Father want the publication to become under his guidance and time in a leadership position?
3. What is Phil horrified to find out that Kay wants to become after they are married?
4. What is one of the rooms in the new house on R street that receives the special attention of Kay?
5. At what publication does Father get Kay a job to conceal her ties to the Post?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)