|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the dominant influence in the lives of Phil and Kay, reveling in gossip, arguments, and irreverence?
2. Where does Father take Kay in order to meet the family and to arrange a job for her?
(a) San Francisco
(b) Los Angeles
3. WWI falls conveniently at the time Eugene's __________ calls for him to take up public service.
(a) Map of life
4. The truth is that Kay simply longs to be __________________, like the character in Thomas Mann's book.
(a) Like everyone else
(b) Truly unique
5. At what kind of school did Kay begin her education as a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ is a difficult baby and Kay has to lean on her three-year-old, Lally, for assistance.
2. What is the nickname of the daughter, Elizabeth, who is born in 1914?
3. Margaret Ellen Powell is hired by the Meyerses in order to raise the ________ children they will eventually have.
4. Under which president does Eugene become managing director of the War Finance Corporation?
5. What city does Kay find to be a vibrant, youthful city, swept clean of stodginess?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)