|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The truth is that Kay simply longs to be __________________, like the character in Thomas Mann's book.
(c) Truly unique
(d) Like everyone else
2. What name does Kay drop in order to get in to tour the plant where the union struggle is taking place?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her school
(d) The Post
3. What is the temporary situation of Agnes' that lasts four years instead of the short time expected?
(a) Agnes lives with her guru
(b) Agnes goes to Washington
(c) Agnes moves to Italy
(d) Agnes stays home with her children.
4. Of what person does Agnes become a protegee during the early years of her marriage to Eugene?
(a) Charles Lang Freer
(b) Rollo May
(c) Sigmund Freud
(d) Carl Jung
5. To where do Agnes and Eugene finally move their children to live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Margaret Ellen Powell is hired by the Meyerses in order to raise the ________ children they will eventually have.
2. What is the traumatic event that happens to Eugene's brother, Edgar?
3. What does Agnes do for two months after the birth of Elizabeth in 1914?
4. What is the nickname of the daughter, Elizabeth, who is born in 1914?
5. What is the huge country home of the Meyers at Mt. Kisco referred to as?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)