|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who learns of the purchase of Eugene's publication, though she learns of it secondhand?
2. Kay is a part of the press corps who attends _________'s press conference in the Oval Office after Hitler invades Poland.
3. The truth is that Kay simply longs to be __________________, like the character in Thomas Mann's book.
(a) Truly unique
(c) Like everyone else
4. Kay keeps tabs on a ________ full of strikebreakers making the rounds of the waterfront.
5. Father decides that he will apply his business sense to the publication as he has no experience in ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eugene know he can count on Agnes to provide for him during their marriage?
2. Margaret Ellen Powell is hired by the Meyerses in order to raise the ________ children they will eventually have.
3. What does Agnes do for two months after the birth of Elizabeth in 1914?
4. What is the huge country home of the Meyers at Mt. Kisco referred to as?
5. What is the traumatic event that happens to Eugene's brother, Edgar?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)