|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the sisters suffers the most from parental inattention of all in the family?
2. Eugene Meyer is a 32-year-old self-made millionaire _________ and art collector.
(b) Oil man
3. Kay battles with a hated __________ teacher about a paper on the position of women in the Middle Ages.
4. What is the religious background of Kay's father's side of the family?
5. Kay cannot help being a _________ and a guileless tattletale when she is younger.
(a) Daddy's little girl
(c) Willful child
(d) Goody two shoes
Short Answer Questions
1. Mother finds the women of Washington intellectually _______ but enjoys their luncheon debates.
2. Under which president does Eugene become managing director of the War Finance Corporation?
3. The truth is that Kay simply longs to be __________________, like the character in Thomas Mann's book.
4. What college does Kay first attend, learning to survive by bumping into reality?
5. The _______________ raises a furor over Kay working without pay at the Mount Vernon Argus.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)