Objective: The family from which Kay came played an important role in her development and in her views of the world. Today's objective is to talk about the idea of family and how it can influence a person - for better or for worse.
1) 1. Have students make a list of the people who are in their immediate family or who they grew up with.
2. In smaller groups, have students discuss whether they think their family life has influenced them. Why or why not?
3. As a class, have the students discuss whether they think family should influence each other. Why or why not? In what ways can a family influence each other? Is this ever a negative thing?
4. Homework: Have students discuss how they feel they have changed over their lives and how their family has shaped those changes.
5. Homework: Have students discuss what decisions they look to...
This section contains 5,844 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)