Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* The story of Katharine's parents is told.
* Agnes, Katharine's mother, tries to be an individual in her life.
* Eugene, Katharine's father, tries his hand at business.
Chapter 2 Abstract
* Katharine's parents go off to Washington, leaving the children alone for 4 years.
* The children are moved to Washington eventually.
* Each of the children has a different...
This section contains 1,813 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)