|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rica write about in letter 120?
2. What does Nargum write about the Tartars to Usbek?
3. What is the new king's biggest challenge according to Rica in letter 104?
4. Whose death is reported to Usbek in letter 141?
5. Whose habit does Usbek talk about in the 100th letter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the Persian Letters, Usbek emphasizes religious contrasts between Muslims and Christians. Analyze the comparison between being a Muslim and aspects of Christianity, using the text to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
In the Persian Letters, examine the concept of love and humanity as described by Montesquieu.
Essay Topic 3
Montesquieu uses personification in his description of justice. In an essay, define personification and analyze why Montesquieu uses personification to write about justice. Students should use examples from the book to support their discussion.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)