|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Usbek, what choice do the tax laws leave men to choose between?
(a) Life and land.
(b) Women and money.
(c) Virtue and intelligence.
(d) Life and money.
2. What does Rica visit according to letter 127 to 131?
(a) A Protestant library.
(b) A Catholic library.
(c) A Roman library.
(d) A Muslim library.
3. What is the quality that keeps people from fearing each other according to Usbek?
4. What does the eunuch ask Usbek in letter 93?
(a) To bring back more eunuchs.
(b) To come back.
(c) To repudiate a wife.
(d) To send him money.
5. What is the main question asked by letter 114?
(a) Why is Africa so hot?
(b) Why is Africa depopulating?
(c) Why is Africa divided?
(d) Why is Africa so big?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to letter 140 according Narsit?
2. Why does the head eunuch think he is good at buying women?
3. What happens to the woman killed by her husband in the story in letter 135?
4. Who does Rica visit in letter 82?
5. What does Rica ridicule in letter 80?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)