|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rica write about in letter 120?
2. Whose death is reported to Usbek in letter 141?
(b) The head eunuch.
3. Whose lover was killed by the eunuchs in letter 149?
4. Why does the head eunuch think he is good at buying women?
(a) He is good at negotiating prices.
(b) He wants one for himself.
(c) He is not attracted to them.
(d) He loves all women.
5. What does Usbek think the law is for in a monarchy?
(a) To keep the king in power.
(b) To show how advanced the society is.
(c) To determine what is best for the citizen.
(d) To determine how far justice can be violated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who must work harder to be accepted in a society according to Usbek?
2. What does the woman killed by her husband in the story in letter 135 do to her husband as retribution?
3. What does Rica consider himself to be a good example of?
4. What letter does Rica say is causing confusion at the university he visits in letter 106?
5. In letter 126, what does the philosopher believe will cause the death of all humans?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)