|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the eunuch ask Usbek in letter 93?
(a) To repudiate a wife.
(b) To bring back more eunuchs.
(c) To come back.
(d) To send him money.
2. What does the woman killed by her husband in the story in letter 135 do to her husband as retribution?
(a) She sends a woman to kill him.
(b) She sends a ghost to torment him.
(c) She sends a double to replace him in the seraglio.
(d) She sends a man to turn him into a eunuch.
3. What are the topics of letters 87 and 88?
(a) Wives and concubines.
(b) Glory and fame.
(c) War and peace.
(d) Men and women.
4. What would the French rather copy than create according to Rica in letter 97?
5. What does the western woman talking to Rica not like about Persian culture?
(a) The food.
(b) The seraglio.
(c) The literature.
(d) The philosophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who entered in the house occupied by Usbek's wives during the time they spent in the country?
2. How many times does Usbek say the Muslims were struck down by God?
3. Who must work harder to be accepted in a society according to Usbek?
4. What does the rich man wish in letter 126?
5. What letter does Rica say is causing confusion at the university he visits in letter 106?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)