|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the topics of letters 87 and 88?
(a) Wives and concubines.
(b) War and peace.
(c) Men and women.
(d) Glory and fame.
2. What does Rica think of the man that introduced him to the library?
(a) He is not intelligent.
(b) He is not very friendly.
(c) He is friendly.
(d) He is boring.
3. According to Rica in letter 96, what changes quickly in France?
4. What would the French rather copy than create according to Rica in letter 97?
5. How does Ubsek call the silliness he talks about in letter 98?
(a) Papal dog.
(b) Papal Bull.
(c) Papal horse.
(d) Papal cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to letter 140 according Narsit?
2. What does Usbek think of inhabited countries?
3. Why does Usbek think the Jews were able to repopulate themselves several times according to letter 115?
4. What does Rica write about in letter 120?
5. What novels shocked the monk in letter 130 more than the novels found in Europe?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)