|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to letter 33, what parallel does Usbek make?
(a) The parallel between men and slaves.
(b) The parallel between slaves and eunuchs.
(c) The parallel between Christianity and Islam.
(d) The parallel between men and women.
2. What does Usbek use letters 11 to 14 for?
(a) To describe Baghdad to Rustan.
(b) To complain about his travel condition.
(c) To ridicule his wife.
(d) To answer Mirza's question.
3. What does the Mullah advise Usbek to refer to to find answers to his questions in letter 17?
(a) The Qur'an.
(b) Traditions of the Doctors.
(c) The Mullah's book.
(d) The Bible.
4. What is discussed about the society from letters 11 to 14?
(a) It does not have women.
(b) It has no rulers.
(c) It's members do not drink milk.
(d) It does not have sheep.
5. What does Rica do to blend in in Paris?
(a) He wears western clothes.
(b) He wears a top hat.
(c) He grows a beard.
(d) He gets drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote letter 10 to Usbek?
2. What is the real reason for Usbek trip?
3. Why does the head of the black eunuchs write Usbek in the 39th letter?
4. What does the 10th letter ask Usbek?
5. What is the main topic of letter 67?
Short Essay Questions
1. What irony does Usbek point out to Rhedi in letter 102?
2. What quality does Rica praise in a man according to supplementary letter 7?
3. What is powerless according to Rica in Letter 71 and why?
4. What is Usbek hoping to achieve with the help of the Mullah according to letter 16?
5. How does Usbek see the resolution of the crisis between Persian and Armenians?
6. Who does Usbek leave in charge of his home in Ispahan before leaving?
7. Who is the only wife that behaves in the seraglio?
8. What conclusion does Rica send to Ibben concerning the difference between men of different cultures?
9. What does Rica think of his visit to the library according to letters 127 to 131?
10. Who is criticizing Usbek according to Rustan?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)