|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose king does Rica witness the crowning of in letter 104?
(a) The King of Spain.
(b) The King of France.
(c) The King of Persia.
(d) The King of England.
2. What books do Rica and the curator talk about according to letter 128?
3. Why does the man in Usbek's story in letter 98 claim to always be right?
(a) He is highly educated.
(b) He is rich.
(c) He was enlightened by the Holy Spirit.
(d) He travels frequently.
4. In letter 93, where is the woman from whom the head women eunuch purchases?
5. What does the rich man wish in letter 126?
(a) To have titles.
(b) To have land.
(c) To have an education.
(d) To have wisdom.
6. Who must work harder to be accepted in a society according to Usbek?
(a) The least represented religion.
(c) Those who don't believe in God.
(d) The most represented religion.
7. Who gives Usbek the information in letter 100?
(a) A good Italian.
(b) A sensible European.
(c) A bad Frenchman.
(d) A trusted Persian.
8. What are the topics of letters 87 and 88?
(a) Men and women.
(b) Glory and fame.
(c) Wives and concubines.
(d) War and peace.
9. According to Rica in letter 96, what changes quickly in France?
10. In letter 126, what does the philosopher believe will cause the death of all humans?
(a) A sun spot.
(b) A new planet.
(c) A good place to live.
(d) A new star.
11. What king died according to letter 122?
(a) King of Spain.
(b) King of Sweden.
(c) King of Italy.
(d) King of France.
12. Who does Rica think is of no use according to letter 124?
(d) Truth mongers.
13. What does Rhedi write about in letter 125?
14. Who was the woman in letter 93 purchased for?
(a) Usbek's brother.
(b) Usbek's friend.
(c) Usbek's sister.
(d) Usbek's father.
15. What is the main question asked by letter 114?
(a) Why is Africa depopulating?
(b) Why is Africa so hot?
(c) Why is Africa divided?
(d) Why is Africa so big?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rica call those who mind everyone's business but their own?
2. What does Rica visit according to letter 127 to 131?
3. Whose death is reported to Usbek in letter 141?
4. In letter 103, what does Usbek think Rhedi detests despite his travels in the West?
5. What does Rica ridicule in letter 80?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)