|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is discussed about the society from letters 11 to 14?
(a) It's members do not drink milk.
(b) It does not have women.
(c) It has no rulers.
(d) It does not have sheep.
2. Why does the head of the black eunuchs want to made Pharan a eunuch, according to the letter he writes Usbek?
(a) Pharan used to bully the eunuchs.
(b) Pharan married a woman coveted by the head of the black eunuchs.
(c) Pharan made a joke about the eunuchs.
(d) Pharan is better paid.
3. What happened to Zachi and her servant according to letter 45?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They killed each other.
(c) They fled together.
(d) They reconciled.
4. What is Usbek surprised with in Italy?
(a) The taste of wine.
(c) The low amount of eunuchs.
(d) Women's freedom.
5. What does the 10th letter ask Usbek?
(a) An explanation on why he didn't bring his wives.
(b) An explanation about a statement he made.
(c) An explanation on why he left.
(d) An explanation on why he didn't bring Rustan.
6. What does the Mullah tell Usbek he has little of?
7. What happens to the girl's face in Zelis' story?
(a) It has too much makeup.
(b) It is burned.
(c) It is cut.
(d) Nothing happens.
8. What kind of people does Rica dislike?
9. Who is Usbek writing letter 33 to?
10. Where is Usbek's house located?
11. How is the Ottoman Empire according to Usbek?
(d) At war.
12. What do the wives who are not beaten believe in Nargum's letter?
(a) That they are not loved.
(b) That they are doing good.
(c) That they are pretty.
(d) That they are lucky.
13. Which of Usbek's wives would still love him even if she was let go from the seraglio?
14. How many families survived the early stage of the society's creation?
(a) 1 family.
(b) 2 families.
(c) 3 families.
(d) 4 families.
15. What does Usbek hope will spread to the rest of the world from Europe?
(a) Peace between religions.
(c) European monarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rica dining with in letter 66?
2. What does Rustan write to Usbek about the community's view on Usbek's trip?
3. Who did Usbek leave in charge of his seraglio?
4. What did Usbek's wife do as a form of amusement in his absence?
5. According to letter 33, what parallel does Usbek make?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)