|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Supplementary Letters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rhedi think Muslims are blessed?
(a) Because of a generous government.
(b) Because of good farm land.
(c) Because of their ignorance of science.
(d) Because of polygamy.
2. What problems arise for Usbek during his trip according to the letter he writes to Nessir?
(a) His slave escaped.
(b) His health is failing.
(c) He fell for a western woman.
(d) He ran out of money.
3. What is the name of the black eunuch traveling with Usbek according to the supplementary letters?
4. What does Usbek hope will spread to the rest of the world from Europe?
(c) Peace between religions.
(d) European monarchy.
5. What women does Usbek compare in letter 36?
(a) Beautiful and ugly.
(b) Persian and Parisian.
(c) Young and old.
(d) Docile women and free thinkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Zachi found with according to letter 19?
2. What is the writer of the 9th supplementary letter complaining about?
3. How many times does Usbek say the Muslims were struck down by God?
4. Why does the head of the black eunuchs write Usbek in the 39th letter?
5. How should nations treat each other according to Usbek?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)