|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 125 - 138.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the woman in letter 93 purchased for?
(a) Usbek's friend.
(b) Usbek's brother.
(c) Usbek's sister.
(d) Usbek's father.
2. What does the Mullah tell Usbek he has little of?
3. What does the old man chosen to be the leader of the society described in letters 10 to 14 tell his people?
(a) That they should change the way they farm.
(b) That choosing a leader will be their downfall.
(c) That choosing him was a good idea.
(d) That they should take the fight to their neighbors.
4. What are the topics of letters 87 and 88?
(a) Glory and fame.
(b) Men and women.
(c) Wives and concubines.
(d) War and peace.
5. What is common in Europe according to Rica?
(a) Prideful men.
(d) Good wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the moral reasons for the dwindling population according to Usbek?
2. In letter 103, what does Usbek think Rhedi detests despite his travels in the West?
3. What does Usbek request of his correspondent in the 1st letter?
4. What is the chief eunuch's main problem in being left behind to guard Usbek's wives?
5. What does Rica call those who mind everyone's business but their own?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)