|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 100 - 113.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new king's biggest challenge according to Rica in letter 104?
(a) Whether to take advice from his mistress or priest.
(b) Whether to marry a princess from Italy or Persia.
(c) Whether to declare war on England or Spain.
(d) Whether or not to travel to Avignon or Lyon.
2. What is the usual punishment for the eunuch's crime according to letter 19?
3. What is the main topic of letter 67?
(a) The law.
4. What is discussed about the society from letters 11 to 14?
(a) It has no rulers.
(b) It's members do not drink milk.
(c) It does not have sheep.
(d) It does not have women.
5. What do Persian women defend even after their marriage?
(a) Their right to travel.
(b) Their right to learn.
(c) Their virginity.
(d) Their freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mullah advise Usbek to refer to to find answers to his questions in letter 17?
2. How long has Usbek been in Paris by the time he sends letter 22?
3. What are the moral reasons for the dwindling population according to Usbek?
4. According to letter 15, where does the Mullah live?
5. Who does Nargum write about in letter 49?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)