|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 100 - 113.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rica dining with in letter 66?
(a) A man who works in the law.
(b) A Jewish doctor.
(c) A king.
2. From whose excrement does the pig come from according to the Mullah in letter 17?
3. Who is trying to steal Zephis's slave?
(b) The chief eunuch.
4. Who must work harder to be accepted in a society according to Usbek?
(b) Those who don't believe in God.
(c) The least represented religion.
(d) The most represented religion.
5. Whose habit does Usbek talk about in the 100th letter?
(a) French courtesans.
(b) Italian merchants.
(c) French princes.
(d) Persian princes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Usbek hope will spread to the rest of the world from Europe?
2. What is Rica writing about in letter 106?
3. Why does the man in Usbek's story in letter 98 claim to always be right?
4. Which of Usbek's wives would still love him even if she was let go from the seraglio?
5. According to Rica, what do the French prefer to follow when it comes to fashion?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)