|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 100 - 113.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rica visit in letter 82?
(a) A European jail.
(b) A women's retreat.
(c) A monastery.
(d) Those wounded in battle.
2. What does Usbek use to appeal to his wives to behave?
(a) Their virtue.
(b) The head eunuch.
(c) Physical punishment.
3. What profession does one of the men Usbek meet claim to have in letter 46?
(b) Stringing ladies along.
4. Who was the woman in letter 93 purchased for?
(a) Usbek's sister.
(b) Usbek's friend.
(c) Usbek's father.
(d) Usbek's brother.
5. What does the eunuch ask Usbek in letter 93?
(a) To come back.
(b) To send him money.
(c) To repudiate a wife.
(d) To bring back more eunuchs.
Short Answer Questions
1. For the common man, what are the consequences of having too many rules and regulations in religion according to Usbek?
2. Who weds in letter 51?
3. What is the main topic of letter 67?
4. What does Usbek hope the Mullah can help him with?
5. How does Usbek describe the king of France and the pope?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)