|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 100 - 113.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Usbek's wife do as a form of amusement in his absence?
(a) Went to the country.
(b) Went to town.
(c) Went home.
(d) Went to the lake.
2. Who does Nargum write about in letter 49?
(a) Women of Paris.
(b) Men of Muscovy.
(c) Slaves of Persia.
(d) Freed eunuch.
3. Why did the neighbors of the society described in letters 10 to 14 become jealous?
(a) They have more women.
(b) The society was more bountiful.
(c) They had a better leader.
(d) They had better land.
4. What does Usbek tell Rhedi is dangerous in letter 103?
(a) Freed slaves.
(b) The west.
(c) Traveling alone.
(d) Not learning.
5. Why does the man in Usbek's story in letter 98 claim to always be right?
(a) He travels frequently.
(b) He was enlightened by the Holy Spirit.
(c) He is rich.
(d) He is highly educated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rica do to blend in in Paris?
2. Why do French women gamble, according to Usbek?
3. How does Usbek describe the period of time the people of the society fought with each other?
4. How long has Usbek been in Paris by the time he sends letter 22?
5. What did the neighbors of the society described in letters 10 to 14 want from them?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)