|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 100 - 113.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rica visit in letter 82?
(a) A European jail.
(b) Those wounded in battle.
(c) A monastery.
(d) A women's retreat.
2. What is the name of Zephis's slave?
3. Who is Rica dining with in letter 66?
(a) A king.
(b) A man who works in the law.
(c) A Jewish doctor.
4. How were the people of the society in letters 11 to 14 acting?
(a) In a way that benefited the ruling cast.
(b) In a way that benefited women.
(c) In a way that benefited only their own personal interest.
(d) In a way that benefited the greater good.
5. Why do French women gamble, according to Usbek?
(a) Because they need money.
(b) To ruin their husbands.
(c) Because they like it.
(d) To be like men.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rica, what do the French prefer to follow when it comes to fashion?
2. Why is Rustan supportive of Usbek according to the 5th letter?
3. How did the society in letters 10 to 14 fare after it stabilized?
4. Who weds in letter 51?
5. Where is Usbek when he writes Letter 18?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)