|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 66 - 78.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Usbek hope will spread to the rest of the world from Europe?
(a) Peace between religions.
(c) European monarchy.
2. What does the 10th letter ask Usbek?
(a) An explanation on why he didn't bring Rustan.
(b) An explanation on why he left.
(c) An explanation about a statement he made.
(d) An explanation on why he didn't bring his wives.
3. What is debated in different parts of the world according to letter 36?
(a) The rights of women.
(b) The power of kings.
(d) The rights of children.
4. What argument does Usbek use as an example in letter 34?
(a) Argument about the death of a French entrepreneur.
(b) Argument about the validity of humanism.
(c) Argument about the birthplace of a Greek poet.
(d) Argument about the death of a king.
5. Which of Usbek's wives writes the 3rd letter back to him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Usbek's wife do as a form of amusement in his absence?
2. What does Usbek hope the Mullah can help him with?
3. What does the Mullah tell Usbek he has little of?
4. What does Rustan write to Usbek about the community's view on Usbek's trip?
5. What does the Mullah advise Usbek to refer to to find answers to his questions in letter 17?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)