|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 46 - 65.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the neighbors of the society described in letters 10 to 14 want from them?
(a) To steal their ruler.
(b) To steal their land.
(c) To steal their women.
(d) To steal their flocks or livestock.
2. What is Usbek asking his correspondent in letter 33?
(a) His opinion on eunuchs.
(b) His opinion on women.
(c) His opinion on slavery.
(d) His opinion on Christians.
3. What is the name of Zephis's slave?
4. Why does the head of the black eunuchs want to made Pharan a eunuch, according to the letter he writes Usbek?
(a) Pharan made a joke about the eunuchs.
(b) Pharan married a woman coveted by the head of the black eunuchs.
(c) Pharan used to bully the eunuchs.
(d) Pharan is better paid.
5. What do the wives who are not beaten believe in Nargum's letter?
(a) That they are doing good.
(b) That they are not loved.
(c) That they are pretty.
(d) That they are lucky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man chosen to be the leader of the society described in letters 10 to 14 tell his people?
2. What is the chief eunuch's main problem in being left behind to guard Usbek's wives?
3. In the 1st letter, what is Usbek trying to explain?
4. How is the Ottoman Empire according to Usbek?
5. What would have happened to the men Usbek described as depraved in letter 46?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)