|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 46 - 65.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the head of the black eunuchs write Usbek in the 39th letter?
(a) One eunuch fled.
(b) One eunuch is sick.
(c) One eunuch wants to marry.
(d) One eunuch died.
2. What does Usbek use letters 11 to 14 for?
(a) To ridicule his wife.
(b) To complain about his travel condition.
(c) To describe Baghdad to Rustan.
(d) To answer Mirza's question.
3. What is the main topic of letter 34?
(a) Paris aristocracy.
(b) Paris coffee houses.
(c) Paris churches.
(d) Paris water systems.
4. What does Usbek request of his correspondent in the 1st letter?
(a) Take care of his wives.
(b) Join him.
(c) Tell him what people say of his voyage.
(d) Become his eunuch.
5. How were the people of the society in letters 11 to 14 acting?
(a) In a way that benefited the greater good.
(b) In a way that benefited women.
(c) In a way that benefited only their own personal interest.
(d) In a way that benefited the ruling cast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Usbek uncover prior to his trip?
2. What is the name of Zephis's slave?
3. Who wrote letter 10 to Usbek?
4. Who is Usbek writing letter 33 to?
5. What are the men wasting their intelligence on according to letter 34?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)