|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 18 - 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rustan supportive of Usbek according to the 5th letter?
(a) He is Usbek's employee.
(b) They are related.
(c) They are friends.
(d) He looks over Usbek's wives.
2. What does Usbek say in letter 19 that the white eunuch should be thankful for?
(a) Not being dead.
(b) Not being beaten.
(c) Not being fired.
(d) Not being sold.
3. What does Rica do to blend in in Paris?
(a) He wears a top hat.
(b) He grows a beard.
(c) He gets drunk.
(d) He wears western clothes.
4. What is the chief eunuch's main problem in being left behind to guard Usbek's wives?
(a) He is attracted to the women.
(b) He wanted to travel.
(c) He is overwhelmed.
(d) He is bored.
5. What is discussed about the society from letters 11 to 14?
(a) It has no rulers.
(b) It does not have women.
(c) It does not have sheep.
(d) It's members do not drink milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Usbek's confidence toward who he left in charge of the Seraglio?
2. How were the people of the society in letters 11 to 14 acting?
3. What is the name of the white eunuch that broke the rule in letter 19?
4. What people does Usbek use to make his point in letters 11 to 14?
5. How long has Usbek been in Paris by the time he sends letter 22?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)