|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 18 - 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Usbek describe the king of France and the pope?
(a) As stupid.
(b) As crooks.
(c) As great men.
(d) As magicians.
2. Why did the neighbors of the society described in letters 10 to 14 become jealous?
(a) They have more women.
(b) They had better land.
(c) They had a better leader.
(d) The society was more bountiful.
3. Who is trying to steal Zephis's slave?
(b) The chief eunuch.
4. How is Zachi and Zelide's relationship according to the 19th letter?
(a) They do not like each other.
(b) They are good friends.
(c) They don't know each other.
(d) They are rivals.
5. How is Usbek's confidence toward who he left in charge of the Seraglio?
(a) Very high, he has no fear.
(b) Very low, he is fearful.
(c) None, he didn't want that person, but had no choice.
(d) Medium, he is confident, but had someone else double check regularly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Usbek request of his correspondent in the 1st letter?
2. Who does Usbek write the 1st letter to?
3. Who did Usbek leave in charge of his seraglio?
4. According to Usbek, why is the city he is in in letter 18 considered great or powerful?
5. What does Rica do to blend in in Paris?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)