|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 10 - 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the society described in letters 10 to 14 do when their neighbors attack them?
(a) They defeat them.
(b) They let them take what they want.
(c) They let them integrate in their society.
(d) They flee.
2. What people does Usbek use to make his point in letters 11 to 14?
(a) The Romans.
(b) The Troglodytes.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Egyptians.
3. What does the old man chosen to be the leader of the society described in letters 10 to 14 tell his people?
(a) That they should change the way they farm.
(b) That choosing him was a good idea.
(c) That choosing a leader will be their downfall.
(d) That they should take the fight to their neighbors.
4. According to letter 15, where does the Mullah live?
(a) In Baghdad.
(b) In Persepolis.
(c) In Mecca.
(d) Among the tombs of Qum.
5. What does Usbek hope the Mullah can help him with?
(b) Living right.
(c) Choosing a single wife
(d) Being sober.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Usbek's feelings about his decision to leave?
2. How did the society in letters 10 to 14 fare after it stabilized?
3. Where is Usbek's house located?
4. From whose excrement does the pig come from according to the Mullah in letter 17?
5. What is discussed about the society from letters 11 to 14?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)