|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 10 - 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Mullah tell Usbek he has little of?
2. How many families survived the early stage of the society's creation?
(a) 1 family.
(b) 2 families.
(c) 3 families.
(d) 4 families.
3. How were the people of the society in letters 11 to 14 acting?
(a) In a way that benefited women.
(b) In a way that benefited only their own personal interest.
(c) In a way that benefited the ruling cast.
(d) In a way that benefited the greater good.
4. What did Usbek's wife do as a form of amusement in his absence?
(a) Went home.
(b) Went to the lake.
(c) Went to the country.
(d) Went to town.
5. What does Rustan write to Usbek about the community's view on Usbek's trip?
(a) The community is indifferent.
(b) The community does not know he left.
(c) The community is talking badly about Usbek.
(d) The community is waiting for more of his stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mullah advise Usbek to refer to to find answers to his questions in letter 17?
2. How is Usbek's confidence toward who he left in charge of the Seraglio?
3. What is the name of Zephis's slave?
4. What did the neighbors of the society described in letters 10 to 14 want from them?
5. Which of Usbek's wives would still love him even if she was let go from the seraglio?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)