|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 10 - 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Usbek's confidence toward who he left in charge of the Seraglio?
(a) Medium, he is confident, but had someone else double check regularly.
(b) Very high, he has no fear.
(c) None, he didn't want that person, but had no choice.
(d) Very low, he is fearful.
2. What does the 10th letter ask Usbek?
(a) An explanation on why he didn't bring his wives.
(b) An explanation about a statement he made.
(c) An explanation on why he didn't bring Rustan.
(d) An explanation on why he left.
3. According to letter 15, where does the Mullah live?
(a) In Mecca.
(b) In Baghdad.
(c) Among the tombs of Qum.
(d) In Persepolis.
4. What does the Mullah tell Usbek he has little of?
5. What is discussed about the society from letters 11 to 14?
(a) It has no rulers.
(b) It's members do not drink milk.
(c) It does not have sheep.
(d) It does not have women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rustan write to Usbek about the community's view on Usbek's trip?
2. What is the chief eunuch's main problem in being left behind to guard Usbek's wives?
3. What is the name of Zephis's slave?
4. What does Usbek request of his correspondent in the 1st letter?
5. What do the society described in letters 10 to 14 do when their neighbors attack them?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)