|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 125 - 138.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Usbek uncover prior to his trip?
(a) Some failing
(b) A conspiracy
(c) A gold mine
(d) A murder.
2. What are the topics of letters 87 and 88?
(a) Wives and concubines.
(b) Glory and fame.
(c) War and peace.
(d) Men and women.
3. How did the society in letters 10 to 14 fare after it stabilized?
(a) They moved to another land.
(b) They became extinct.
(c) They multiplied into a country of vicious people.
(d) They multiplied into a whole country of virtuous people.
4. According to Usbek, what choice do the tax laws leave men to choose between?
(a) Virtue and intelligence.
(b) Life and money.
(c) Women and money.
(d) Life and land.
5. What are the moral reasons for the dwindling population according to Usbek?
(a) Forced marriage.
(b) Polygamy and divorce.
(c) Monogamy and forced marriage.
(d) Independent women.
Short Answer Questions
1. How should nations treat each other according to Usbek?
2. How many families survived the early stage of the society's creation?
3. What does Usbek tell Rhedi is dangerous in letter 103?
4. What are Armenians for the Persian empire according to Usbek?
5. What do the wives who are not beaten believe in Nargum's letter?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)