|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 125 - 138.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rica do to blend in in Paris?
(a) He wears a top hat.
(b) He gets drunk.
(c) He grows a beard.
(d) He wears western clothes.
2. What keeps Usbek busy in letter 46?
(c) Acquisition of knowledge.
3. Who does Rica think is of no use according to letter 124?
(b) Truth mongers.
4. What is notable about Venice according to letter 29?
(a) There is no fresh water.
(b) There are no magicians.
(c) There are no Muslims.
(d) There are no modest women.
5. In letter 93, where is the woman from whom the head women eunuch purchases?
Short Answer Questions
1. In letter 103, what does Usbek think Rhedi detests despite his travels in the West?
2. According to Usbek, what choice do the tax laws leave men to choose between?
3. Who are the gravest people according to letter 32?
4. What is the usual punishment for the eunuch's crime according to letter 19?
5. What is discussed about the society from letters 11 to 14?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)