|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 125 - 138.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Usbek use to appeal to his wives to behave?
(a) Their virtue.
(b) The head eunuch.
(c) Physical punishment.
2. Why does the head of the black eunuchs write Usbek in the 39th letter?
(a) One eunuch wants to marry.
(b) One eunuch fled.
(c) One eunuch is sick.
(d) One eunuch died.
3. What is the main topic of letter 67?
(b) The law.
4. What law does Usbek applaud in letter 76?
(a) The parental authority law.
(b) Divorce laws.
(c) The death sentence.
(d) Election laws.
5. How were the people of the society in letters 11 to 14 acting?
(a) In a way that benefited only their own personal interest.
(b) In a way that benefited women.
(c) In a way that benefited the greater good.
(d) In a way that benefited the ruling cast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the neighbors of the society described in letters 10 to 14 want from them?
2. What does Nargum write about the Tartars to Usbek?
3. What is the quality that keeps people from fearing each other according to Usbek?
4. What does the 10th letter ask Usbek?
5. What does Rhedi write about in letter 125?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)