|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 125 - 138.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What people does Usbek use to make his point in letters 11 to 14?
(a) The Egyptians.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Romans.
(d) The Troglodytes.
2. What is Usbek mourning in letter 76?
(a) The legislators' pitiful job.
(b) One of his wives.
(c) A friend.
(d) A slave.
3. What does the old man chosen to be the leader of the society described in letters 10 to 14 tell his people?
(a) That they should take the fight to their neighbors.
(b) That they should change the way they farm.
(c) That choosing a leader will be their downfall.
(d) That choosing him was a good idea.
4. What do Persian women defend even after their marriage?
(a) Their virginity.
(b) Their freedom.
(c) Their right to learn.
(d) Their right to travel.
5. How many times does Usbek say the Muslims were struck down by God?
(a) 5 times.
(b) 3 times.
(c) 2 times.
(d) 1 time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the topics of letters 87 and 88?
2. Who must work harder to be accepted in a society according to Usbek?
3. What does the eunuch ask Usbek in letter 93?
4. What is the subject of letter 121?
5. What is the new king's biggest challenge according to Rica in letter 104?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)