|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 93 - 99.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is notable about Venice according to letter 29?
(a) There are no magicians.
(b) There are no modest women.
(c) There are no Muslims.
(d) There is no fresh water.
2. What does Rica do to blend in in Paris?
(a) He grows a beard.
(b) He wears a top hat.
(c) He gets drunk.
(d) He wears western clothes.
3. What would the French rather copy than create according to Rica in letter 97?
4. Why did the neighbors of the society described in letters 10 to 14 become jealous?
(a) They had better land.
(b) The society was more bountiful.
(c) They had a better leader.
(d) They have more women.
5. According to Usbek, why is the city he is in in letter 18 considered great or powerful?
(a) It raised a great army.
(b) It was taken over by Europeans.
(c) It has a great college.
(d) It has a great market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Usbek tell Zelis he is proud of in letter 69?
2. How long has Usbek been in Paris by the time he sends letter 22?
3. Where is Usbek when he writes Letter 18?
4. What do the wives who are not beaten believe in Nargum's letter?
5. Who wrote letter 10 to Usbek?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)