|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 93 - 99.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Mullah advise Usbek to refer to to find answers to his questions in letter 17?
(a) Traditions of the Doctors.
(b) The Mullah's book.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Qur'an.
2. What law does Usbek applaud in letter 76?
(a) Divorce laws.
(b) The parental authority law.
(c) The death sentence.
(d) Election laws.
3. What happens to the girl's face in Zelis' story?
(a) It is cut.
(b) Nothing happens.
(c) It is burned.
(d) It has too much makeup.
4. Where is Usbek when he writes Letter 18?
5. From whose excrement does the pig come from according to the Mullah in letter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the neighbors of the society described in letters 10 to 14 become jealous?
2. In what city does Usbek mention in letter 20?
3. What do Persian women defend even after their marriage?
4. Who was Zachi found with according to letter 19?
5. What does the head slave think will happen to the women in the seraglio when a new woman is brought there?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)