|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 93 - 99.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the French rather copy than create according to Rica in letter 97?
2. How did the society in letters 10 to 14 fare after it stabilized?
(a) They moved to another land.
(b) They multiplied into a whole country of virtuous people.
(c) They became extinct.
(d) They multiplied into a country of vicious people.
3. Why does the man in Usbek's story in letter 98 claim to always be right?
(a) He is highly educated.
(b) He is rich.
(c) He was enlightened by the Holy Spirit.
(d) He travels frequently.
4. What people does Usbek use to make his point in letters 11 to 14?
(a) The Egyptians.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Romans.
(d) The Troglodytes.
5. What is Ubsek amazed with according to letter 95 to Ibben?
(a) That the rich can become poor so quickly.
(b) How long he has to wait to receive letters.
(c) How intelligent the king of France is.
(d) How independent women are.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Usbek mourning in letter 76?
2. What does Usbek hope the Mullah can help him with?
3. Whose bodies are treated in a cruel manner in Europe?
4. How were the people of the society in letters 11 to 14 acting?
5. What is discussed about the society from letters 11 to 14?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)