|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 114 - 124.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Usbek think the Jews were able to repopulate themselves several times according to letter 115?
(a) They need more workers.
(b) They think they need to be fruitful.
(c) They think a king will be born among them.
(d) They need a larger army.
2. What does Usbek think of the rituals intended to pacify the gods?
3. Why does the head of the black eunuchs want to made Pharan a eunuch, according to the letter he writes Usbek?
(a) Pharan married a woman coveted by the head of the black eunuchs.
(b) Pharan is better paid.
(c) Pharan made a joke about the eunuchs.
(d) Pharan used to bully the eunuchs.
4. What does Usbek order the black eunuch to do?
(a) Turn Pharan into a eunuch.
(b) Buy a new eunuch.
(c) Kill a slave.
(d) Not touch Pharan until his return.
5. Why did two men die when the women took a trip to the country?
(a) They came too close to the ladies' vehicle.
(b) They were beggars.
(c) They were escaped slaves.
(d) They tried to attack them.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to letter 33, what parallel does Usbek make?
2. What does Usbek think of inhabited countries?
3. Who does Usbek write the 44th letter to?
4. What are Armenians for the Persian empire according to Usbek?
5. What is Usbek asking his correspondent in letter 33?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)