Letters 1 - 9
1. Who does Usbek write the 1st letter to?
2. In the 1st letter, what is Usbek trying to explain?
(a) His desire to settle down.
(b) His desire to meet Rustan.
(c) His desire to have a bigger harem.
(d) His desire to learn about other places.
3. What does Usbek request of his correspondent in the 1st letter?
(a) Become his eunuch.
(b) Take care of his wives.
(c) Join him.
(d) Tell him what people say of his voyage.
4. Who did Usbek leave in charge of his seraglio?
(b) His first wife.
(c) His chief eunuch.
(d) His son.
5. Where is Usbek's house located?
6. How is Usbek's confidence toward who he left in charge of the Seraglio?
(a) Medium, he is confident, but had someone else double check regularly.
(b) Very high, he has no fear.
(c) None, he didn't want that person, but had no choice.
(d) Very low, he is fearful.
This section contains 4,206 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)