|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Satrapi find hanging out at the place her friends take her to?
(b) Guardians of the Revolution
(c) Old women
(d) No one
2. What does Satrapi compare the war to?
(a) The Soviet-Afghan War
(b) Her dog having died when she was small
(c) A war from 1400 years ago
(d) The Vietnam War
3. What advice does Satrapi’s mother give her?
(a) Protest the government until the government changes
(b) Flee from hostilities that will not end
(c) Protest her conscience is satisfied
(d) Let the wave of war pass over her
4. Who intervened to help Satrapi and her family after the bracelet incident?
(a) An aunt
(b) Her father's friends
(c) Her Uncle Anoosh
(d) Officials high in the government
5. What rare music does Satrapi hear on the TV after the Iraqi bombing?
(a) The Iranian national anthem
(b) Traditional Iranian folk music
(c) Western rock and roll
(d) Western advertisements
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Satrapi’s mother make for her when she went to her first party?
2. Where do Satrapi’s parents travel?
3. What does Satrapi think about her father when he expresses doubts about the Iranian military?
4. What is it that injects blood into the veins of society?
5. What happened a year after Satrapi’s uncle Taher died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Satrapi’s departure from Iran.
2. What solution do Satrapi’s parents propose, to the trouble Satrapi keeps getting into?
3. How does Satrapi’s family try to overcome these obstacles to get Satrapi’s uncle medical care?
4. How does the war change at the beginning of Chapter 18: The Shabbat?
5. How do Satrapi’s parents smuggle their loot back into Iran?
6. How does Satrapi avoid getting into trouble with the Guardians of the Revolution?
7. How does Satrapi’s father narrowly avoid his troubles with the Guardians of the Revolution?
8. How does it come about that Iran retaliates with an air strike on Iraq?
9. What act of rebelliousness does Satrapi perform?
10. What does Satrapi ask her parents to bring back for her from Turkey?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)