|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what state does Satrapi’s father’s passport forbid travel?
2. What is the result of the confrontation involving Satrapi and her teacher over Satrapi’s bracelet?
(a) She has to be arrested
(b) She has to work for six weeks to atone
(c) She has her parents pay the schools to keep her
(d) She has to be expelled
3. How did Satrapi’s feelings about the rituals change over time?
(a) She begins to abstain in protest
(b) She ceases to take them seriously
(c) She saw the deeper meaning in them
(d) She ends up being the only one who takes them seriously
4. What advice does Satrapi’s grandmother give her?
(a) To pick her battles
(b) To speak her mind no matter what
(c) Not to let herself be bullied
(d) To keep her dignity
5. How does Satrapi characterize her mother, in relation to other Iranian mothers?
(a) Exceedingly strict
(b) Very permissive
(c) A total pushover
(d) Horribly strained
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Satrapi make to her reflection in the mirror?
2. Why does Satrapi’s mother accuse her husband of being a hypocrite?
3. What is it that injects blood into the veins of society?
4. Where do Satrapi’s parents travel?
5. How did Satrapi describe the war in her report for school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do conditions change as the war with Iraq drags on?
2. What trouble does Satrapi get into at the next school she goes to?
3. How do Satrapi’s parents smuggle their loot back into Iran?
4. What confrontation do Satrapi and her classmates have with their teachers?
5. How does the war change at the beginning of Chapter 18: The Shabbat?
6. What does the plastic key signify for Satrapi’s maid?
7. What factors contribute to Satrapi’s uncle Taher’s heart condition?
8. What is Satrapi’s mother’s reaction when the principal of the second school calls the house?
9. What is Satrapi’s mother’s position on the war?
10. How does it come about that Iran retaliates with an air strike on Iraq?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)