|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Satrapi and her friends asked to do in school?
(a) Beat their breasts
(b) Utter ritualistic cries
(c) Lament for the dead
(d) Tear their hair
2. What does Satrapi say depended on the war?
(a) The protests against the government
(b) The Iranian economy
(c) The Iraqi recovery
(d) The stability of the Iranian regime
3. What buildings were considered bombproof in Tehran?
(b) Big hotels
(c) Military armories
4. What do Marjane and her grandmother dispose of when they arrive at the house with the Guardians of the Revolution?
(a) Western clothes
5. What does Iraq start to fire at Iranian cities?
(a) Biological weapons
(b) Heavy artillery
(c) Ballistic missiles
(d) Poison gas
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened a year after Satrapi’s uncle Taher died?
2. What complaint does Satrapi’s father make about Iraqis in Chapter 11?
3. What percentage of the Iranian pilots did not return from the attack on Iraq?
4. What does Pardisse tell Satrapi in response?
5. Where do Satrapi and her family go during bombing raids?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of atmosphere exists in the markets, as Chapter 12: The Jewels Opens?
2. What act of rebelliousness does Satrapi perform?
3. How is Satrapi’s life touched by the Iranian attack on Iraq?
4. How do conditions change as the war with Iraq drags on?
5. What difficulties does Satrapi and her family have in getting her uncle medical care?
6. Why doesn’t the war end when Iraq makes a peace proposal?
7. What trouble does Satrapi get into at the next school she goes to?
8. Describe Satrapi’s shopping trip with her mother’s friend’s children.
9. What confrontation do Satrapi and her classmates have with their teachers?
10. What does the plastic key signify for Satrapi’s maid?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)