|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the punishment Satrapi’s neighbor paid for having Western music in his house?
(a) 75 lashes
(c) Loss of his house
(d) 3 months in prison
2. Where do Satrapi’s parents send her?
3. What do Satrapi’s parents bring back from their travels?
(a) French cigarettes
(b) English boots
(c) American magazines
(d) Denim jacket
4. How does Satrapi say the regime changed throughout the war?
(a) They become less solvent
(b) They become more repressive
(c) They become more tolerant
(d) They become less competent
5. When did Satrapi’s mother meet her husband?
(a) At 14
(b) At 12
(c) At 16
(d) At 20
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn’t Khosro make a passport for Satrapi’s uncle Taher?
2. What promise does Satrapi make to her reflection in the mirror?
3. Who intervened to help Satrapi and her family after the bracelet incident?
4. What other rituals does Satrapi describe?
5. How does Satrapi describe her teacher’s response to her report?
Short Essay Questions
1. What trouble does Satrapi get into at school?
2. What confrontation do Satrapi and her classmates have with their teachers?
3. How does Satrapi’s father narrowly avoid his troubles with the Guardians of the Revolution?
4. What factors contribute to Satrapi’s uncle Taher’s heart condition?
5. How is Satrapi’s life touched by the Iranian attack on Iraq?
6. What solution do Satrapi’s parents propose, to the trouble Satrapi keeps getting into?
7. How does it come about that Iran retaliates with an air strike on Iraq?
8. How does the war change at the beginning of Chapter 18: The Shabbat?
9. What is the routine Satrapi and her family follow once the bombings start?
10. What ceremonies do Satrapi and other Iranians perform in response to the war?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)