|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Satrapi love Anoosh right away?
(a) Because he suffered under the previous regime
(b) Because he has studied dialectic materialism
(c) Because he helped to bring about regime change
(d) Because he is well-traveled and well-cultured
2. When does Satrapi’s account of her life begin?
(a) At age 6
(b) At birth
(c) At age 10
(d) At age 14
3. How old was Satrapi’s maid when she came to live with the family?
4. What does Satrapi want to play with her parents in Chapter 3?
5. What is Satrapi’s reaction to her father’s reaction to the romance between Mehri and the neighbor boy?
(a) She sulks in her room
(b) She protests it
(c) She complains to her mother
(d) She continues writing letters
Short Answer Questions
1. What prediction does Anoosh make to Satrapi?
2. How many political prisoners were released at the beginning of Chapter 7: The Heroes?
3. What were Marjane Satrapi’s parents protesting?
4. What did Iran’s geographical position dispose it toward?
5. How do the Guardians of the Revolution intimidate Siamak?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Satrapi’s relationship with the Iranian cultural revolution?
2. Describe Satrapi’s relationship with God.
3. How have conditions changed by the time Satrapi and her family return from vacation?
4. What traumatic experience does Satrapi’s mother have?
5. What causes the Satrapi family to go on vacation to Europe?
6. What is Satrapi’s father’s role in the developing political conflict?
7. What trouble does Satrapi’s relationship with Mehri cause?
8. How is Satrapi’s idea of the Iranian revolution different from her father’s?
9. What is the problem with Marxism in Iran, according to Anoosh?
10. What changes did the Shah make in Iran when he was installed in the 1950s?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)