|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the one place Satrapi says she felt safe?
(a) With her mother
(b) With her grandmother
(c) In the arms of God
(d) In school
2. Who immediately succeeded Mohammad Reza Pahlavi as the leader of Iran?
(a) Reza Shah
(b) Alexander the Great
(c) Shell Oil
3. How much older than Satrapi is Mehri, the maid?
(a) Twelve years
(b) Three years
(c) Eighteen years
(d) Ten years
4. What does Satrapi’s mother say about torturers?
(a) They they should repent
(b) That they should be exiled
(c) That they should be killed
(d) That they should be forgiven
5. What was Mohsen called in prison?
(a) The man who will not talk
(b) The man with eyes in the back of his head
(c) The man who endures everything
(d) The man with seven lives
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Satrapi say she gave up after talking about torture with her mother?
2. What does Satrapi get in trouble for, after the schools reopen?
3. What is Ramin’s response when Marjane tries to forgive him?
4. Who is the source of Marjane Satrapi’s sentiments about the king?
5. What is Satrapi’s mother pressured to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Satrapi’s relationship with the Iranian cultural revolution?
2. What are Satrapi and her family’s feelings about leaving Iran, and what decision do they make?
3. What lesson does Satrapi’s mother teach her about injustice?
4. How have conditions changed by the time Satrapi and her family return from vacation?
5. What naïve view of Satrapi’s do Anoosh and her parents disabuse her of at the beginning of Chapter 9: The Sheep?
6. Why does Satrapi say she wanted to write Persepolis?
7. What trouble does Satrapi’s relationship with Mehri cause?
8. How is Satrapi’s idea of the Iranian revolution different from her father’s?
9. What is Anoosh’s role in Iran’s history?
10. What is the problem with Marxism in Iran, according to Anoosh?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)