|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What American musician did Satrapi’s parents bring back a pin of?
(a) Howling Wolf
(b) Michael Jackson
(c) Johnny Cash
(d) Elvis Presley
2. What is the result of the confrontation involving Satrapi and her teacher over Satrapi’s bracelet?
(a) She has to be expelled
(b) She has to be arrested
(c) She has to work for six weeks to atone
(d) She has her parents pay the schools to keep her
3. What does Pardisse tell Satrapi in response?
(a) She wishes her father was still alive
(b) She wishes that no one would ever die
(c) She wishes that her mother had died instead
(d) She wishes that she could have died in his place
4. What happens when Satrapi tangles with her teacher over her bracelet?
(a) She falls trying to get away from her teacher
(b) She attacks her teacher
(c) The teacher attacks her
(d) Someone else intervenes against her teacher
5. What has started to show up in the streets, now that the war is going on?
(b) Street people
(c) Car bombs
(d) Nuptial chambers
6. What advice does Satrapi’s mother give her?
(a) Protest the government until the government changes
(b) Protest her conscience is satisfied
(c) Flee from hostilities that will not end
(d) Let the wave of war pass over her
7. Where do Satrapi and her family go during bombing raids?
(a) A neighboring town
(b) The basement
(c) A bomb shelter
(d) To her grandmother's house
8. How does Satrapi say her mother looks in her passport photo?
9. Why does Satrapi have a hard time in school?
(a) She cannot focus, and serves as a big distraction to the class
(b) She cannot accept the Islamic ideology when it is contra-factual
(c) She cannot restrain herself from acting out to get attention
(d) She cannot do the work, so she undermines the teachers
10. Why does Satrapi’s mother put up dark curtains?
(a) To hide their refugees from the Iranian Guardians
(b) To make their house look more holy and respectful
(c) To hide their card games from the neighbors
(d) To hide their wine distillery
11. What other rituals does Satrapi describe?
(a) Sacrificial offerings
(d) Ritual murders
12. How does Satrapi describe her teacher’s response to her report?
(a) She is not impressed
(b) She is angered
(c) She praises Satrapi
(d) She reprimands Satrapi
13. What does Satrapi do with all of her possessions?
(a) Gives them away to her friends
(b) Gives them away to charity
(c) Gives them away to her parents
(d) Gives them away to tourists
14. What is it that injects blood into the veins of society?
(a) Plenty of decent funding
(b) Military victories
(c) The death of a martyr
(d) Learning and art dedicated to war
15. Who intervened to help Satrapi and her family after the bracelet incident?
(a) Her Uncle Anoosh
(b) Officials high in the government
(c) Her father's friends
(d) An aunt
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Satrapi’s mother meet her husband?
2. Who is in charge of issuing Satrapi’s uncle Taher a pass to get medical care abroad?
3. Where do Satrapi’s parents travel?
4. Who does Satrapi find hanging out at the place her friends take her to?
5. What does Satrapi see when she looks for her parents over her shoulder?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)