|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Satrapi’s mother react to the trouble she gets into at school?
(a) She threatens to marry her off to an Islamic man
(b) She warns her about how Islamic men rape women
(c) She threatens to punish her
(d) She threatens to keep her home from school
2. Why does Satrapi’s mother put up dark curtains?
(a) To make their house look more holy and respectful
(b) To hide their wine distillery
(c) To hide their refugees from the Iranian Guardians
(d) To hide their card games from the neighbors
3. What does Satrapi see when she looks for her parents over her shoulder?
(a) Her father being harassed by Guardians of the Revolution
(b) Her grandmother fainting
(c) Her father carrying her mother
(d) Her parents being arrested
4. What does Satrapi accuse her teacher of?
(a) Abusing the students
5. What other rituals does Satrapi describe?
(a) Sacrificial offerings
(d) Ritual murders
6. How did Pardisse write her report?
(a) As a curse on Iraqis
(b) As a letter to her father
(c) As a promise to the nation
(d) As a history of the Persian Wars
7. How does Satrapi say her mother looks in her passport photo?
8. Who does Satrapi find hanging out at the place her friends take her to?
(a) Old women
(c) No one
(d) Guardians of the Revolution
9. What do Satrapi’s parents bring back from their travels?
(a) American magazines
(b) Denim jacket
(c) English boots
(d) French cigarettes
10. What does Satrapi say is her form of rebellion against the regime?
(a) Writing articles
(b) Organizing her friends for protests
(c) Smoking cigarettes
(d) Shopping at the black market
11. What is it that injects blood into the veins of society?
(a) The death of a martyr
(b) Plenty of decent funding
(c) Learning and art dedicated to war
(d) Military victories
12. To what state does Satrapi’s father’s passport forbid travel?
13. Where do Satrapi’s parents travel?
14. How did Satrapi’s father get rid of the Guardians of the Revolution?
(a) He appeals to nationalism
(b) He threatens them
(c) He let them search the house
(d) He bribes them
15. Where does Satrapi tell her teacher she got her bracelet?
(a) Because jewelry is forbidden
(b) Because Satrapi had reported it stolen
(c) Because she envied it
(d) Because Satrapi has been flaunting it
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Iraq and Saudi Arabia offered a peace agreement?
2. What is Khosro’s final wish?
3. Why was the punishment Satrapi’s neighbor paid for having Western music in his house?
4. Why didn’t Khosro make a passport for Satrapi’s uncle Taher?
5. What did the teachers tell the parents who came about the suspension?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)