|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they choose that country?
(a) She lived there as a child
(b) She could get a visa
(c) Her father's brother lives there
(d) She has always loved Austrian culture
2. What complaint does Satrapi’s father make about Iraqis in Chapter 11?
(a) They drive like maniacs
(b) They will be worse than the Islamists
(c) They will enslave Iranians
(d) Theywill destroy Iranian cultural icons
3. What lesson does Satrapi say she learned about confrontation?
(a) Give ground and ask for respect
(b) Shout louder
(c) Avoid getting into a confrontation in the first place
(d) Deny everything
4. Where does Satrapi tell her teacher she got her bracelet?
(a) Because Satrapi had reported it stolen
(b) Because jewelry is forbidden
(c) Because Satrapi has been flaunting it
(d) Because she envied it
5. Why didn’t Khosro make a passport for Satrapi’s uncle Taher?
(a) He flees the country
(b) He is a crook
(c) He is arrested
(d) He is killed
6. How does Satrapi convey her newfound maturity in Chapter 15?
(a) She has begun to smoke
(b) She has been to her first protest
(c) She has older friends
(d) She has her first boyfriend
7. On what condition had the fighter pilots agreed to attack Iraq?
(a) That the government stop cracking down on protestors
(b) That additional political prisoners be released
(c) That the government play the national anthem
(d) That the pilots' families be paid if they were killed
8. What did the teachers tell the parents who came about the suspension?
(a) That they could bring up their concerns at the next meeting
(b) That they could run for school board themselves, if they wanted a change
(c) That the students had to obey or be expelled
(d) They any further dissent would result in arrest
9. Who does Satrapi find hanging out at the place her friends take her to?
(a) No one
(c) Guardians of the Revolution
(d) Old women
10. How did Satrapi’s mother find out that she cut class?
(a) Satrapi herself
(b) The school called
(c) One of Satrapi's friends betrays her
(d) A friend's mother called
11. How much does the family receive for the dowry of the murdered girl Satrapi’s mother tells her about?
12. Who is in charge of issuing Satrapi’s uncle Taher a pass to get medical care abroad?
(a) The chief surgeon
(b) The Guardians
(c) A window washer
(d) A friend of Satrapi's father
13. Where do Satrapi’s friends take her during school?
(a) A dance club
(b) A Western hotel
(c) Kansas restaurant
(d) A black market
14. How did Satrapi describe the war in her report for school?
(a) As an historical event
(b) As a personal event
(c) As a nonincident
(d) As a regional catastrophe
15. What is it that injects blood into the veins of society?
(a) Plenty of decent funding
(b) The death of a martyr
(c) Learning and art dedicated to war
(d) Military victories
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Satrapi’s mother accuse her husband of being a hypocrite?
2. What happened when Iraq and Saudi Arabia offered a peace agreement?
3. What does Satrapi think about her father when he expresses doubts about the Iranian military?
4. How does Satrapi’s mother react to the trouble she gets into at school?
5. Where do Satrapi’s parents send her?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)