|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Guardians of the Revolution threaten Satrapi’s mother with?
2. Where does Satrapi’s mother tell Marjane Anoosh has gone?
(a) To Russia
(b) To visit his mother in another city
(c) To prison
(d) To America
3. How is Mohsen killed?
(a) He is shot
(b) He is drowned
(c) He is hung
(d) He is savagely beaten
4. What had just happened the year before Satrapi’s story begins?
(a) Her birth
(b) The Islamic Revolution
(c) The exile of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi
(d) The death of her grandmother
5. When does Satrapi realize that she doesn’t understand anything?
(a) When her grandmother tells her stories about her own childhood
(b) When her parents describe trying to live on a budget
(c) When her parents describe the political situation in Iran
(d) When her parents laugh about a story about cancer and death
6. What was Mohsen’s crime?
(a) Petty theft
(b) Revolutionary activity
(c) Advocating free markets
(d) Owning a banned book
7. Why is it ironic that the widow joined the protest that gathered around her husband’s body?
(a) Because he had been in the army himself
(b) Because her husband had supported the king
(c) Because she was not even Iranian
(d) Because her husband died of cancer
8. Why did Satrapi’s mother dye her hair?
(a) Because she had been photographed at a protest against the government
(b) Because she had been mistaken for a Westerner and did not want to give that impression
(c) Because she had been caught stealing from her job
(d) Because she wanted to look younger and had too much gray hair
9. What is Marjane Satrapi’s relation to the deposed king?
(a) He was her great-uncle
(b) He was her uncle
(c) He was her great-grandfather
(d) He was her grandfather
10. How many political prisoners were released at the beginning of Chapter 7: The Heroes?
11. How does Satrapi’s grandmother say she survived in her poverty?
(a) She left the country
(b) She took in sewing
(c) She got a job in a factory
(d) She remarried to a rich man
12. How do the Guardians of the Revolution intimidate Siamak?
(a) They have him fired from his job
(b) They kill his sister
(c) They leave a dead dog on his doorstep
(d) They beat him
13. Whose thinking informs Anoosh’s thought in Chapter 9?
14. How did Siamak ultimately flee Iran?
(a) In a flock of sheep
(b) In a passenger jet
(c) In a cargo ship
(d) In a truck
15. Why was Satrapi’s father nearly arrested?
(a) For taking photographs
(b) For listening to Western music
(c) For speeding
(d) For protesting
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Satrapi get in trouble for, after the schools reopen?
2. What cause did the people finally get to celebrate?
3. What was Mohsen called in prison?
4. What was Mohammad Reza Pahlavi’s goal?
5. What does Satrapi’s mother threaten to do to her, if she beats up Ramin?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)