|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Satrapi’s father characterize Mohammad Reza Pahlavi?
(a) As a humble reformer
(b) As a tool of the English
(c) As a popular leader
(d) As a popular leader
2. What does Marjane Satrapi understand as a result of her reading?
(a) Her parents had protested to preserve the old aristocracy
(b) Her parents had wanted to flee the country
(c) She wanted to be a prophet
(d) She was ashamed to ride in her father's Cadillac
3. What do Satrapi and her family condemn in their neighbors?
(c) Islamic fundamentalism
(d) Western habits
4. How is Mohsen killed?
(a) He is savagely beaten
(b) He is drowned
(c) He is shot
(d) He is hung
5. What were Marjane Satrapi’s parents protesting?
(a) Pay cuts for civil servants
(b) Layoffs at the university
(c) The Westernization of Iran
(d) Government attacks on freedom
6. What prediction does Anoosh make to Satrapi?
(a) That one day she will write important books
(b) That one day the regime will fall to reformers
(c) That one day the proletariat will rule
(d) That there will one day be justice for murderers
7. What resource changed Iran’s economy?
8. What statistic does Marjane offer to Anoosh’s political discussion?
(a) That 78% of oil profits are taken out of Iran by the West
(b) That the war has already killed 4% of the Iranian population
(c) That women are 95% less likely to know how to read
(d) That 99.99% of Iranians voted for the Islamic Republic
9. Who is the source of Marjane Satrapi’s sentiments about the king?
(a) Her teacher
(b) Her parents
(c) Television broadcasts
(d) Her friends
10. How many political prisoners were released at the beginning of Chapter 7: The Heroes?
11. Who immediately succeeded Mohammad Reza Pahlavi as the leader of Iran?
(a) Reza Shah
(b) Alexander the Great
(c) Shell Oil
12. What does Marjane get in trouble for telling her friend about her father, who is in prison?
(a) That he is probably in America
(b) That he is probably dead
(c) That he has probably been eaten
(d) That he will never come home
13. How do the Guardians of the Revolution intimidate Siamak?
(a) They beat him
(b) They kill his sister
(c) They leave a dead dog on his doorstep
(d) They have him fired from his job
14. What household item does Mohsen say was used for torturing his friend Ahmadi?
(b) A stove
(c) A sponge
(d) An iron
15. Where did Anoosh say he suffered most?
(a) In prison
(b) In his marriage
(c) In his exile
(d) In his freedom
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ashraf Darvishian from?
2. What was Siamak’s crime?
3. Who created the first Iranian nation?
4. What state is Iran in when Satrapi and her family return from vacation?
5. What problem does Anoosh say will complicate the Marxist program in Iran?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)