|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Satrapi’s maid when she came to live with the family?
2. What does Marjane get in trouble for telling her friend about her father, who is in prison?
(a) That he will never come home
(b) That he has probably been eaten
(c) That he is probably in America
(d) That he is probably dead
3. What cause did the people finally get to celebrate?
(a) Democratic reforms
(b) The king's departure
(c) Victory in the war with Iraq
(d) Increased liberties
4. How does Satrapi’s grandmother say the Shah’s father spent the country’s money?
(a) On a lavish lifestyle
(b) On educational reforms
(c) On useless celebrations
(d) On military research
5. What closed in Iran in 1980?
(b) Bilingual schools
(c) Iranian borders
(d) Iran's museums
6. How do the Guardians of the Revolution intimidate Siamak?
(a) They beat him
(b) They have him fired from his job
(c) They leave a dead dog on his doorstep
(d) They kill his sister
7. Whose thinking informs Anoosh’s thought in Chapter 9?
8. What do Marjane Satrapi’s neighbors demonstrate after the celebration?
9. What did the king test out in the months after Black Friday?
(b) Foreign policies
(c) Prime ministers
10. Marjane Satrapi’s father tells her the story of Iran. What did the king’s father, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, organize 50 years ago?
(a) An election
(b) An assassination
(c) A putsch
11. What was Iran’s name from the sixth century B.C. till 1935?
12. What are Marjane Satrapi’s sentiments about the King?
(a) She says she likes him because he looks kind
(b) She says he is an imposter
(c) She says she wants him exiled
(d) She says he was chosen by God
13. What changed for Marjane Satrapi in the year when her story begins?
(a) Her family left Iran
(b) Her father lost his job
(c) She started a new school
(d) She had to wear a veil at school
14. What is Ramin’s response when Marjane tries to forgive him?
(a) He is indifferent and unsympathetic
(b) He is confused and uncomfortable
(c) He is ashamed and conciliatory
(d) He is indignant and self-righteous
15. What does Satrapi’s mother threaten to do to her, if she beats up Ramin?
(a) Send her to rot in prison
(b) Nail her ears to the wall
(c) Cast her out of the family
(d) Make her clean the house
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Marjane Satrapi compare her favorite writer, Ashraf Darvishian?
2. What is Satrapi’s reaction to her father’s reaction to the romance between Mehri and the neighbor boy?
3. Why does Satrapi say that writing Persepolis was important to her?
4. What was Mohsen called in prison?
5. What does Satrapi want to play with her parents in Chapter 3?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)