|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marjane Satrapi’s father tells her the story of Iran. What did the king’s father, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, organize 50 years ago?
(b) A putsch
(c) An assassination
(d) An election
2. Who intervened to help Satrapi and her family after the bracelet incident?
(a) Her Uncle Anoosh
(b) Officials high in the government
(c) Her father's friends
(d) An aunt
3. How long did Satrapi and her family have, once the alarms went off, before the missiles would strike?
(a) 15 seconds
(b) 30 seconds
(c) 6 minutes
(d) 3 minutes
4. What was Siamak’s crime?
(a) Protesting the government
(b) Witnessing police brutality
(c) Writing subversive articles
(d) Marrying an American
5. How does Satrapi learn that her friend has been killed?
(a) She sees her carried away on a stretcher
(b) She find her dead body
(c) She sees her bracelet in the rubble
(d) She hears from another friend
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Iran’s geographical position dispose it toward?
2. How did Satrapi’s mother find out that she cut class?
3. How do the Guardians of the Revolution intimidate Siamak?
4. What is Satrapi’s mother pressured to do?
5. What does Satrapi’s mother say about torturers?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)