|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Satrapi’s father explain the persecution of individuals in Iran?
(a) As a necessary purge
(b) As a transitional stage
(c) As a purification
(d) As an important culling
2. Why does Satrapi have a hard time in school?
(a) She cannot focus, and serves as a big distraction to the class
(b) She cannot do the work, so she undermines the teachers
(c) She cannot accept the Islamic ideology when it is contra-factual
(d) She cannot restrain herself from acting out to get attention
3. What do Satrapi’s parents bring back from their travels?
(a) French cigarettes
(b) Denim jacket
(c) American magazines
(d) English boots
4. What did the teachers tell the parents who came about the suspension?
(a) That they could bring up their concerns at the next meeting
(b) They any further dissent would result in arrest
(c) That they could run for school board themselves, if they wanted a change
(d) That the students had to obey or be expelled
5. What is Satrapi’s father’s reaction when he hears about Mehri’s romance with the neighbor boy?
(a) He encourages it
(b) He fires the maid
(c) He ends it
(d) He forbids it
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Siamak’s crime?
2. How do the Guardians of the Revolution intimidate Siamak?
3. Who is the source of Marjane Satrapi’s sentiments about the king?
4. What is Satrapi’s mother pressured to do?
5. What does Satrapi say depended on the war?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)