|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Satrapi’s mother dye her hair?
(a) Because she had been mistaken for a Westerner and did not want to give that impression
(b) Because she wanted to look younger and had too much gray hair
(c) Because she had been photographed at a protest against the government
(d) Because she had been caught stealing from her job
2. What rare music does Satrapi hear on the TV after the Iraqi bombing?
(a) Western rock and roll
(b) Western advertisements
(c) The Iranian national anthem
(d) Traditional Iranian folk music
3. What did the teachers tell the parents who came about the suspension?
(a) That the students had to obey or be expelled
(b) That they could run for school board themselves, if they wanted a change
(c) They any further dissent would result in arrest
(d) That they could bring up their concerns at the next meeting
4. How does Satrapi’s grandmother say the Shah’s father spent the country’s money?
(a) On useless celebrations
(b) On a lavish lifestyle
(c) On educational reforms
(d) On military research
5. What do the Guardians of the Revolution threaten Satrapi’s mother with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Satrapi and her friends asked to do in school?
2. What closed in Iran in 1980?
3. What does Satrapi find herself wishing had happened to her father?
4. How does Satrapi make Anoosh’s story make sense?
5. Where had Satrapi’s father spent the day, when he returns at night?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)