|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pardisse tell Satrapi in response?
(a) She wishes her father was still alive
(b) She wishes that she could have died in his place
(c) She wishes that her mother had died instead
(d) She wishes that no one would ever die
2. What was Mohammad Reza Pahlavi’s goal?
(a) An Islamist state
(b) Republican reforms
(c) Religious freedom
(d) An open market
3. What did the teachers tell the parents who came about the suspension?
(a) That the students had to obey or be expelled
(b) That they could bring up their concerns at the next meeting
(c) They any further dissent would result in arrest
(d) That they could run for school board themselves, if they wanted a change
4. How did Satrapi describe the war in her report for school?
(a) As a regional catastrophe
(b) As a nonincident
(c) As a personal event
(d) As an historical event
5. What does Satrapi compare the war to?
(a) A war from 1400 years ago
(b) The Vietnam War
(c) The Soviet-Afghan War
(d) Her dog having died when she was small
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marjane get in trouble for telling her friend about her father, who is in prison?
2. What Marjane Satrapi’s solution to not knowing anything?
3. How old was Satrapi’s maid when she came to live with the family?
4. What do the Guardians of the Revolution threaten Satrapi’s mother with?
5. What advice does Satrapi give at the end of her introduction?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)