|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Satrapi’s grandmother say she survived in her poverty?
(a) She took in sewing
(b) She got a job in a factory
(c) She remarried to a rich man
(d) She left the country
2. Where is the one place Satrapi says she felt safe?
(a) With her grandmother
(b) In school
(c) With her mother
(d) In the arms of God
3. How do Satrapi’s friends react to her made-up stories about her parents?
(a) They say she must be proud of them
(b) They say that she is lying
(c) They say that they feel bad for her
(d) They say she must be ashamed of them
4. What assurance does Satrapi’s mother give her after she is upset about torturers?
(a) That there is justice on earth
(b) That they will suffer in turn
(c) That there is wisdom in accepting that torture happens in life
(d) That forgiveness is important
5. What did Iran’s geographical position dispose it toward?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Satrapi’s father’s reaction when he hears about Mehri’s romance with the neighbor boy?
2. What advice does Satrapi give at the end of her introduction?
3. Why did Satrapi’s mother dye her hair?
4. How does Satrapi make Anoosh’s story make sense?
5. What began to happen regularly after Black Friday?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)