|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Iran get its name?
(a) From Indo-European invaders
(b) From Greek historians
(c) From indigenous Aryans
(d) From local legends
2. How many political prisoners were released at the beginning of Chapter 7: The Heroes?
3. What household item does Mohsen say was used for torturing his friend Ahmadi?
(a) A stove
(c) An iron
(d) A sponge
4. When was Fereydoon’s son conceived?
(a) The morning of his escape
(b) The night before his execution
(c) The day that Fereydoon proclaimed independence
(d) The day he is arrested
5. How old was Satrapi’s maid when she came to live with the family?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older than Satrapi is Mehri, the maid?
2. What closed in Iran in 1980?
3. How does Satrapi’s grandmother say the Shah’s father spent the country’s money?
4. When does Satrapi’s account of her life begin?
5. What does Satrapi get in trouble for, after the schools reopen?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)