|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Siamak’s crime?
(a) Witnessing police brutality
(b) Writing subversive articles
(c) Protesting the government
(d) Marrying an American
2. What does Satrapi get in trouble for, after the schools reopen?
(a) Still wearing her veil
(b) Remembering that the teacher said the king was chosen by God
(c) Not showing up
(d) Forcing other students to remove their veils against their will
3. What is Satrapi’s reaction to her father’s reaction to the romance between Mehri and the neighbor boy?
(a) She continues writing letters
(b) She sulks in her room
(c) She protests it
(d) She complains to her mother
4. How does Satrapi’s grandmother say she survived in her poverty?
(a) She got a job in a factory
(b) She remarried to a rich man
(c) She took in sewing
(d) She left the country
5. How many political prisoners were released at the beginning of Chapter 7: The Heroes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Satrapi love Anoosh right away?
2. What does Satrapi find herself wishing had happened to her father?
3. What was Mohsen’s crime?
4. When does Satrapi realize that she doesn’t understand anything?
5. In what way does Marjane Satrapi emulate her grandfather?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)